Infrastructure Domain Architect
Position Title: Infrastructure Domain Architect
We have an immediate long term consulting opportunity for a dynamic, global client. The consultant may reside in either the Eastern or Central time zone. This is a key role responsible for building and leading the development of the IT and OT Infrastructure Architecture across the a large data transformation project.This is a strategic position critical to driving Digitalization and contributing to the Digital Integration delivery stream within the Business Transformation Program, which is pivotal to the company's business strategy. This position’s primary function is to define the future state shared infrastructure architecture and assist in developing the roadmap to transition to the future state across both the OT and IT environments. The candidate will report to the Shared Infrastructure Delivery Team Lead who has overall accountability for deploying enterprise wide infrastructure to support the overall business plan.
The successful candidate will:
• Be appointed to the “Shared Infrastructure” stream in Digital Integration to focus on specifying, designing and implementing the future state Infrastructure architectures to meet the business needs.
• Lead collaboration across Business Functions and Operations workstreams in relation to Shared Infrastructure Architecture designs and execution plans.
• Collaborate across OT & IT functions to drive Infrastructure convergence across the client company.
• Develop the overall Infrastructure Architecture blueprint designs for project seeking input from other solution architects on the program and key business stakeholders. Gain consensus on final design proposals.
• Review and adapt existing policies and standards associated with hosting, storage, and interconnectivity of enterprise systems to meet project needs. Define new enterprise wide standards and reference architecture models where necessary.
• Define data retention, backup and recovery methods to support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery requirements.
• In collaboration with the Security Architect, ensure IT and OT Infrastructure and integrations meet required security standards.
• Engage key business stakeholders to devise optimized solutions to balance the TCO of Shared Infrastructure against known business requirement and client strategy of SQLCT in the designs.
• Work with the existing IT & OT teams to develop transition plans and/or interface requirements for legacy architectures.
• Contribute to the development of Digital Integration work package scoping, prioritization and planning ensuring consistency with the Target Infrastructure Architecture.
• Technical lead in assessing infrastructure options through RFP process (if needed).
• As directed by the Shared Infrastructure Lead, assist in QA reviews of the ARB submissions and ensure compliance to Infrastructure Architecture standards.
Skills and Qualifications
A candidate that we would love would have:
• 5-10 years’ experience as an Infrastructure Architect having successfully delivered a variety of integrated solutions in manufacturing.
• A broad understanding of IT and OT Infrastructure architectures as they relate to Manufacturing Operations, Finance, HR, Supply Chain and Maintenance.
• A strong team player with a consensus building style on technical matters driven by achieving business goals.
• Understanding of ISA-95 framework and sound knowledge of all levels with clear understanding of integrations across these levels.
• Experience on at least 2 large transformation programs with complex infrastructure requirements.
o Business Skills:
? Understanding of business strategy, organization and culture, and how it aligns with technical priorities.
? Knowledge of the chemicals/mining industry (preferred but not essential)
? Ability to quickly develop a network of relationships on a large transformation program
o Technical and Information Skills:
? Experienced in the identification and application of industry leading Infrastructure technologies supporting processes across both OT & IT environments.
? Knowledge of hosting, storage, networking, security, data backup and interconnectivity models for both OT & IT.
? Development of Infrastructure Architecture artefacts essential for the successful design, build and deployment of integrated solutions.
? Applying lean start up/agile methods.
? Use of various Enterprise Architecture tools to develop useful Infrastructure Architecture Artefacts (iServer advantageous)
? Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
? Ability to communicate complex and detailed topics using simple frameworks
? Conceptual thinking with a talent for abstracting unnecessary detail, bringing technology and process thinking together
? Results orientated
? Resolving conflicts and problems; Creative and out of box thinking
? Seeking to understand; Leading business change
? Risk taking
? Decisiveness and Accountability
Job ID: 4633