Investment Operations Analyst - Hybrid:
Investment Operations Analyst – Hybrid:
Our direct client, based in New York City, is looking for a Business Analyst with strong technical background, someone who enjoys solving problems across wide range of scope: from data analysis, improving operation efficiency, automating manual processes in support of their security valuation team. This is a full-time position in a hybrid work environment, only require 1 day per month on site in downtown NYC. A VBA technical skillset is required for success in this role.
- Supports the offices daily and month-end functions, applications, billing and management reporting.
- Assists External Customers and Internal Analysts with system or data issues; including, rating agency data discrepancies.
- Reviews, updates, creates, enhances, maintains and automates new and current processes.
- Develops test data, as needed, and tests applications for business requirements, functionality, and usability.
- Gathers, analyzes, defines and documents requirements and communicates them to the appropriate parties.
- Creates SQL queries, processes and reports utilizing Excel, SharePoint, MS Report Builder, Tableau, Power BI or other available tools.
- Identifies solutions and verifies solution meets requirements.
- Research companies and related data based on analyst or management requests
- Analyzes rating agency data and their correlations.
- Clearly and consistently reports the status of a projects, communicates ideas, roadblocks, recommendations to manager and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to understand the ‘big picture’ and how systems and applications affect, and are affected by, other applications and initiatives.
- Is quality-minded and looks for ways to improve the quality of the business processes and systems.
- Demonstrates aptitude for technical and creative problem solving.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn diagramming and modeling techniques and software.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to negotiate successful solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task between projects and tasks, and work in a ‘matrix-managed’ organization.
- Must be a logical and disciplined thinker, be proactive and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to learn internally developed and vendor-developed web-based, client/server, and stand-alone applications.
- Builds relationships within the organization and understands the most appropriate use of these relationships for effective project management.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Microsoft 365 Suite with concentration in VBA, SharePoint, Flow, PowerApps, Power BI, Excel or other related applications.
- Oracle, MS SQL or any other related database.
- Working and Structure of Investment Securities.
- Nice to have: knowledge of security masters and data warehouses.
Job ID: 5029