IT Operations Manager
IT Operations Manager
Our direct client, midtown NYC based investment firm, is seeking a unique IT Operations Manager. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that users get maximum utility from the technology platforms. This individual will be a key driver for improvement, so it is critical that he or she have the desire to identify opportunities for change and the motivation, organizational skills, and follow-through to make those changes happen.
You will have an eye for detail and will make sure that the technology processes are clear, well-documented, and operate efficiently. This is an excellent opportunity for a savvy individual seeking an “outside the box” position to enjoy applying his/her ingenuity and creativity to solving operational and technology challenges.
• Managing and prioritizing user requests.
• Identifying issues, trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Building a knowledge base of common remedies that can be applied to user issues.
IT Resource Management
• Manage the flow of requests to our outsourced IT support firms.
• Monitor and report on the performance of our IT service providers.
• Escalate issues to Management as necessary and work collaboratively to find solutions.
• Provide ongoing management of existing platforms.
• Create and maintain platform documentation.
• Manage an ongoing platform maintenance program.
• Manage the user onboarding and offboarding processes.
• Monitor vendor contracts and performance.
• Escalate issues.
Training and Documentation
• Manage user tech training.
• Create, maintain, and disseminate end-user documentation.
Qualifications & Experience
• BA or BS from an accredited college, preferably in a technical field
• Experience requirements
o 3+ years in technology operations
o 3+ years of project management
Core Competencies & Skills / Personal Attributes & Fit
• Competencies and Skills
o Strong analytical and communication skills, both speaking and writing.
o Proficient in MS Office suite.
o Comfortable learning and using new technology tools.
o Strong organizational and project management skills.
o Programming background a plus, but not required.
• Values, personal style and character attributes
o Looking for someone who is driven to get stuff done and have an impact.
o The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, and would be able to run with a mandate without requiring constant oversight.
Job ID: 4061