Java Tech Lead - Hybrid
Java Tech Lead – Hybrid:
Our direct client, based in White Plains, NY, is seeking a Technical Lead who has hands on software development experience with Java technologies. This a long-term contract position (12-36+ months) with likely extension beyond. This role is hybrid on-site position and you will be required to work on-site 3 days per week in White Plains, NY.
In this role, you are responsible for the overall design, implementation and quality of the code the team produces across one or more projects. You will partner with the IT leadership, architecture, and development staff to establish vision, strategy and road maps that align with business strategies and organizational priorities. You must collaborate with peers and leadership to leverage knowledge and solutions across the organization.
This position is within a development group focused on leading the delivery of best-in-class systems to support client’s business lines, across all channels. These include customer and internal applications built on AWS using Microservices Architecture and other AWS components that integrate with existing on-prem systems and databases..
The Technical Lead reports to the Director of Development and is accountable for daily status on tech design, development, and resource management. The Lead will collaborate with team members to define requirements, design, and develop mission critical applications.
The Technical Lead works with:
- Delivery leads to staff projects with associates, contractors, and/or third party teams,
- Project managers on a plan and estimates,
- Architecture and delivery leads on solution blueprints,
- QA and delivery leads on functional testing, integration testing, performance testing and to triage defects
- Service introduction on hand-off to application operations team
- 8+years experience in Java software development demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience leading a team of 3 or more software developers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience producing solution designs for large-scale, highly available, mission-critical systems.
- Proficient in designing, creating and consuming Web Services (REST, JSON, OAuth), multi-tier or microservice applications in Java and large scale database applications
- Strong experience in SQL and data modeling
- Demonstrate sound architecture skills and broad experience designing applications
- Ability to communicate complex technical design concepts and translate into non-technical business solutions.
- Able to communicate well with all levels in the organization, and must be comfortable as a primary contact to internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile, Waterfall and other software development methodologies
- Experience with developing within a Cloud environment with good knowledge of cloud infrastructure like AWS is a plus.
- Experience with ecommerce, retail, and financing is a plus
Job ID: 5167
IT Operational – Control & Monitoring Analyst – Long Term Contract – Hybrid
Job ID: 5226
Montvale, New Jersey