Java Web Developer - Big Data
Our direct client, a fast growing software and data analytics firm in Greenwich, is seeking an experienced full stack Java software developer. We seek innovative minded individuals who can analyze, design, develop, test, customize, and maintain solutions to analytical software. The ability to perform systems analysis, design, and create software architecture proposals; prepare required reports and test programs; work with cross functional teams on issues affecting enhancements and content migration are a big plus. Only GC and US Citizens
• Build new features that extend a SaaS Web application in Java
• Java JSON Webservices with Spring
• RDBMS Database structure and design work
• Hibernate and JPA mappings
• NoSQL experience
• Spark & Big Data application development
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Strong organizational, oral and written skills.
• Candidate will have 8+ years of experience as a software engineer and has attained at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• Experience with Java 1.8 and using its latest features (Streams specifically)
• Any Java 1.9 experience is a plus
• Exposure to Spark and/or other big data development technology
• Must have participated in the design & development of Web App based solutions (JBoss/Wildfly)
• Experience and knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Service development (WSDL, SOAP, REST)
• Experience and knowledge with Java design patterns and web services development
• Experience with Spring
• Web security expertise is a plus including WEB Security, SSO with SAML, Kerberos, XML, LDAP and Active Directory knowledge
• Eclipse or IntelliJ IDE
• JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Continuous integration
Client offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package and is very motivated to fill this position as soon as possible.Job ID: 718