Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
Jr. IT Support Engineer
Jr. IT Support Analyst:
Our direct client, a global chemical manufacturing company based in lower Fairfield County, Ct, is seeking to hire a Technology Support Engineer. In this role, you are responsible for delivering technology support services to users of companywide internal and external client computer systems. Resolves complex and everyday service requests relating to client computer hardware, operating system, application and phone problems and malfunctions; interacts and consults with clients to manage client satisfaction; provides guidance, assistance, and follow-up on client inquiries; and performs client computer hardware and software installations.
- Customer services: Meet or exceed customer expectations by responding to client service requests in accordance with established service procedures and guidelines; work with company IT personnel to deliver quality service; review assigned service requests daily; follow up and provide status updates to clients; alert management, team members and other IT groups when sensitive issues arise or a major problem is suspected; minimize client downtime and productivity loss from technology malfunctions or installations.
- Desktop support: Respond to the diverse client computer hardware and software problems reported by clients in accordance with established procedures and service guidelines; identify the cause, implement a solution, share solutions with peers, and document when necessary; take proactive steps whenever possible to prevent problems from recurring; use team members, peers, vendors, and other resources to resolve more complex problems as quickly as possible.
- Software and hardware installs: Installation of all client related computer hardware and software as necessary, and participate in the evaluation of new products and standards by working in partnership with other IT team members; participate in the definition of standard installation and upgrade procedures to ensure smooth, non disruptive release upgrades and configuration changes; suggest changes and alternatives when appropriate; follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Project work: Work on special assignments and projects, such as new product rollouts, and balance project work with day-to-day problem-solving responsibilities; perform routine assignments according to predetermined schedules.
- Support: Respond to calls and voice mails and emails within specified time frame; provide technical support via phone to remote clients (salesforce, manufacturing, distribution sites), utilizing all resources available to do so; monitor, prioritize, escalate, and dispatch calls that cannot be solved over the phone.
- LAN administration: Be prepared and able to support the Network Engineer and senior IT staff in administration duties (ID adds, changes, resets and disable) on request, and provide guidance and consulting services in this area on an as-needed basis.
- Continuous improvement: Continuously strive to improve client support; identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness; participate in initiatives to address service issues. Provide comments/feedback/suggestions on ways to change/modify existing standards, policies, and procedures to enhance service quality and better service customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Fluency with all current Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems
- 1 – 5 years of IT Support experience with large corporate environment
- Good judgment and analytical ability essential for prioritizing support calls and emails, and client software/hardware installations (based on impact on the business, client urgency, and the individual nature of each problem/request); ability to know when and how to bring the correct resources to bear to expedite problem resolution/installations and deliver client satisfaction.
- Excellent skills in dealing with unstructured problems that affect productivity of client computer users.
- Professional manner in person, on the telephone, and via e-mail; excellent communications skills are essential to this position.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of client trust and confidence in the IT team’s knowledge of and concern for the client’s business needs.
- Strong technical knowledge of personal computer hardware/software systems in a large LAN/WAN environment.
- A working knowledge of industry leading mobile devices such as smartphones and Tablets
- Two or more years of experience in an IT support or technical environment, with significant personal computer or client/server platform experience.
- Experience in LAN/network administration or systems administration in a relevant computing environment highly desirable.
- A+ or Network+ Technical Certification or other equivalent certification highly desirable.
- Interacts with hundreds of employees; relationship building with clients is encouraged (positive customer relationship and friendly, helpful attitude help to manage customer expectations); this position potentially interacts with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Has collaborative working relationships with outside service providers, to enhance the service delivery capabilities of IT.
- Has close working relationships with OS platform team, Infrastructure team and peers in other areas of IT, in particular:
- Microsoft Network Engineers.
- Operations staff.
- IT Management.
- Has regular contact with outside vendors and contractors/consultants for additional support as needed.
- Develops relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with technology.
Job ID: 5263
Unified Communications & Collaboration Architect – Consultant 100% Remote:
Job ID: 5255
Stamford , Connecticut
Unified Communications & Collaboration Architect – Hybrid:
Job ID: 5256
Stamford , Connecticut