Knowledge Content Publishing Specialist - Long-term Contract
Our direct client, a prestigious global firm in Northern New Jersey, seeks a detail-oriented associate to join their team, to help maintain a research system that's used by the company's employees and clients around the world.
The team is responsible for the overall development, content, and maintenance of a web-based knowledge / research system that's based on a CMS (Content Management System) application. The web-based application provides quick access to a range of authoritative accounting, auditing, and financial reporting guidance and literature. The team is also responsible for publishing to other related client websites, including a widely-used application platform and has a new AI Chat feature being developed.
Responsible for assisting the team in publishing content, and in increasing the search quality of the content provided by the company's content creators and third party content providers published onto the knowledge application. Work in a team environment using publishing tools, validation processes, and troubleshooting to ensure content is optimally presented. This position is a long-term (12-24+ months) which has a good potential to convert to a full-time position with the firm. The team works from home 2 days a week and generally in the Montvale, NJ office 3 days a week, with flexibility.
- Serve as a member of the Core Publishing Team:
- Publish Manual Activities in CMS
- Responsible for deletions of unused Activity documents
- Assist in troubleshooting of Manual Activity issues, including links
- Provide support to the Team members in the publishing of content to the system using our CMS (Content Management System) and 3rd Party Content Publishing tools.
- Provide support in updating Topic Overview Pages, and other curated presentations of content.
- Continuously improve overall content presentation and findability by leveraging available tools and coordinating with Team and Content Owners, and to enhance tagging and presentation.
- Assist in link issue remediation of knowledge content.
- Help resolve any publishing production issues such as CMS process issues, XML content display issues and server issues by alerting the team and working with IT to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Provide customer support to our internal and external application users by responding appropriately and promptly to user questions and request.
- Assist with various projects which result in improving the value of the application and its content for the company's professionals.
- Assist with content analysis and migrations related to the system and related technology development projects and enhancements.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Digital Content Presentation or related discipline, or equivalent years related experience
- Conscientious and detailed oriented individual
- Strong teaming skills with the ability to collaborate with team to resolve issues
- Analytical skills needed to troubleshoot content, technology, and tool issues
- Self-motivated. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Windows (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- General knowledge of accounting and auditing literature preferred
- Strong “Customer” focus
Job ID: 5299