Level 2 Technical Support Analyst
Our direct client in Ossining, NY is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to support and maintain end user technologies, such as laptops, desktops, phones, printers and other peripherals. This person will troubleshoot problem areas (either in person or by telephones) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Answer IT support phone and address technical issues logged with the IT team.
- Receive and respond to incoming phone calls, and/or tickets regarding end user computing problems.
- Assist internal customers with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, VDI zero client computers, mobile devices, desk phones, video endpoint systems, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of various degrees of any PC related problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Add, delete and change user profiles in Active Directory for user management.
- Write, update, maintain strong documentation knowledgebase for EUC and help control what’s being delivered to EUC from Infrastructure Operations department.
- Update ServiceNow tickets appropriately, include all relevant information related to troubleshooting and results.
- Ensure tickets are completed in within agreed SLA’s.
- Identify and repair hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Ability to support remote users, establish VPN access for all remote users.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
- Interact with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Some project based work in support of management, senior technical and project management staff.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to local Open Door sites as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 3+ years work experience in related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working with in a similar role of desktop support.
- ITIL Certification desired.
- Microsoft Certification for Windows OS, Office, O365 would be ideal
- Cisco VoIP systems
- Ticket management, specifically Service Now experience required. Service Now administration a plus and training/certification desired.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge on the concepts for Active Directory with the ability to perform add/transfers/terminations, as well as GPO management, and to be able to support and resolve requests a must.
- Experience using remote control.
- Experience, fundamental knowledge, and supporting of VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) using Desktop as a Service (DaaS) preferred.
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx Teams, Cisco Jabber preferred.
- Speak to individuals or groups of people with poise, voice control and confidence.
- Must have experience in administrative, incident response, and operational responsibilities
- Communicate effectively and efficiently in all languages required by the job using whatever communication device or system is required.
Job ID: 4535