Manager, Business Intelligence
Manager, Business Intelligence, Data Technology
About the Role
Our direct client in Stamford, CT is seeking to hire Manager of Business Intelligence, a key role in Data Technology responsible for managing the platforms, performance, features, and quality of BI and Analytics platforms at the client. Reporting to the Director of BI and Knowledge Platform, this person will implement and maintain solutions, support and maintain analytics systems ensuring the reliability and availability of the platforms as well as timely updates to features and security. This person will be responsible for Tableau, Cognos and other visualization and insight exploration platforms as well as curation of analytical data and processes for client's internal consumers. This role will be key to the rollout of all analytics data products and reporting across the client's data management platform, and will partner with Data Analytics and other technology teams across the company. The company environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and forward thinking.
- Implementing and supporting BI systems and features to increase adoption and consumption of analytics using portals, mobile experiences, application integration, and distribution methods such as subscriptions, Slack, and e-mail push.
- Engage closely with Visualization COE to understand business use cases and build agile and adaptive data development workflows that can be deployed at scale and built on DevOps principles that accelerate data development. Devise approaches to democratize data development to broader analytics community using defined processes and tools.
- Develop and reinforce best practices utilizing modern UI/UX approaches and contributing to an Analytics Engineering Knowledge Base.
- Manage day-to-day operations and development activities for Tableau, Cognos, and data prep resourcing in an Agile Scrum environment leveraging Jira
- Develop and manage platform metrics such as users, utilization, and performance
- Maintain awareness of new products and technologies in the data management market related to catalog, lineage, testing, metadata, automation, scalability, ingestion, and interoperability; evaluates applicability to department needs; makes recommendation and proposals for review, and engages in ‘fail-fast’ POCs. Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development.
- Enable a Center-of-Excellence by creating best practices and engaging community through coaching, user groups, and forums.
- Act as subject matter expert for BI platform, tools, and knowledge management solutions.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in BI/Analytics and contributing in various aspects from system administration, reporting/visualization, and data warehousing
- 3+ years experience with Tableau/Qlik/Looker or equivalent BI experience building dashboards.
- 3+ years experience with data warehouses (e.g, Redshift, Snowflake, Postgres, SQL Server) in a cloud environment.
- Experience managing teams
- Managed projects in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience in ETL/ELT orchestration frameworks (python, dbt, Airflow, Talend, Spark).
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven, JIRA etc.), automated unit testing, agile methodology and DevOps.
- Proficient in Python (particularly general purpose scripting, ELT, data analytics a plus).
- Self-starter and proactive in seeking out information and coordinating .
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and effective presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and project and time effectively.
- Only US citizens or those eligible to work in the US will be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with dbt (data build tool)
- Experience with Web Development (Flask, React, Node).
- Background in graphic design and UI/UX concepts and an eye for beautiful design that engages users in both interface and experience.
- Familiar with data catalog and lineage processes and tools.
- Experience with Media/Entertainment.
- Consulting background.
- Experience with managing dual shore and offshore teams
Cloud: AWS, GCP
Lake / Warehouse: Hive, Redshift, Snowflake
Integrations: Informatica, Talend
Transformation: Python/PySpark, Java, dbt, Google Big Query
BI Analytics: Tableau, Cognos, Kibana
Job ID: 4569