Microsoft Azure Architect
Our direct client, based in Poughkeepsie, NY, is seeking a Microsoft Azure Solution Architect for a contract to hire position. In this role, the ideal candidate will take responsibility for driving the technical requirements and design of Azure workloads to align with project and product expectations, effectively manage capacity and long-term costs.
An Architect understands every phase of a software project life cycle, team roles, and management, and detailed technical implementation. The architect will bring an understanding of virtualization, networking, storage, processing, identity, security, backup and recovery, data management, budget and planning, and governance. A typical Azure Architect is also proficient in Azure administration, testing, development, and DevOps
This role is focused on strategic build and delivery capabilities with a well-documented handoff to the operational team(s). An aligned DevSecOps approach will ensure collaborative departmental needs are met, to deliver a well-built, secure, and sustainable solution to reduce TCO and minimize unplanned downtime of technology systems.
· Building and configuring Azure infrastructure to meet the company’s needs
· Assessing architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve
· Resolve technical problems as they arise
· Provide architectural and process support to other teams, driving adoption of architecture and standards methodologies
· Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes to platforms and standards as required
· Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented
· Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have
· Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets
· Development of SMART metrics to assess project business value post go-live and ensure platform is performing as expected
· Develop and execute solutions which reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work
· Optimize and automate existing processes
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or STEM field and at least three years of related professional experience in areas such as solution/enterprise architecture, Infrastructure Engineering, or development of large & complex applications & services utilizing Microsoft solutions
· In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates with an Associate’s degree in the fields mentioned above study and at least five years of related professional experience will be considered.
- At least three years of Microsoft Azure experience
- Demonstrated project experience developing solutions in Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated project experience managing an offshore team developing solutions in Microsoft Azure & related tools
- Excellent customer service, communication, organization, and project management skills
- The candidate must be the quintessential team player and a highly skilled communicator.
- Experience in Energy & Utilities or services industry
- Experience in a regulated and co-sourced environment
- Hands-on experience managing large, transformational projects and leading organizational change management initiatives
- Proven experience with strategic sourcing, including contract negotiations, metrics reporting, and overall partnership cultivation
If you want to join a stable company with an excellent work/life balance, excellent benefits including 401K with match, please apply today with your updated resume!
Job ID: 4786