Microsoft Sr. Software Engineer/Lead
Microsoft Senior Software Engineer/Lead
Our direct client, a software company that provides cloud-based financial planning software for corporations, nonprofits, and educational institutions is seeking a Microsoft Sr. Software Engineer for immediate hire!. In this role, you will be a lead or senior member of the team developing their highly regarded enterprise planning and budgeting systems. This is a hands-on position that involves substantial coding as well as management and organization. C#/ASP.NET and SQL Server skills are required. The position is broad in scope, multi-faceted, and tightly integrated with business operations. You will be expected to play a vital team role in product design, development, technical maintenance, and customer support.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Development of new features and enhancements to the company’s enterprise budgeting software, including an Excel add-in and an API
• Actively participate in the development of SQL Server database scripts, functions, procedures, and database profiling, tuning, and performance monitoring as needed
• Assist in the management, development, and validation of test plans
• Assist in production deployment
• Assist in managing the hosting service and hosting environment
• Assist in customer support as needed
• Anything else it takes to make their customers and the company a success!
REQUIRED experience and skills:
• BS or MS in computer science or software engineering
• Expert knowledge of ASP.NET, and deep experience using Visual Studio and the .NET framework to develop commercial Web applications • Expert knowledge of T-SQL development, and deep experience developing queries, functions, and stored procedures
• Direct experience in all phases of the SDLC
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in teams
HIGHLY DESIRABLE experience and skills that will give you a BIG EDGE for this position:
• Experience in development and implementation of B-to-B SaaS application
• Direct experience in managing an Azure or AWS environment
• MS SQL profiling, query optimization, tuning, and performance monitoring experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SSRS • Strong knowledge and expertise with multidimensional databases
• Microsoft Excel experience, specifically with database-related functions, building .NET and COM add-ins
• Understanding of accounting/budget processes and solutions
• Technical consulting or sales support experience
This could be the "place for you" IF:
• You are extremely task-oriented
• You have a natural curiosity
• You love challenges; you are resourceful and enjoy solving “mission impossible” assignments
• You have a high energy level
• You love to work in a dynamic, changing, and somewhat unstructured environment
• You have high personal standards of quality and accuracy; you take great pride in and thoroughness of your work; you always want to get it right!
This is an on-site, full-time position in lower Fairfield Cty, CT.
Depending on current activities, working from home one or two days a week is a possibility.
This position includes a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please reply with your updated resume, ASAP for immediate consideration!Job ID: 4130