.net/Azure Solution Architect - Delivery Manager - Long-term Contract
For our direct client in Northern NJ, we seek a senior .net/Azure consultant to serve as a Solutions Architect and also doubling as a Delivery Manager, working with applications within a large application portfolio.
This is a hybrid-location position, it will be 80-90% remote, with occasional visits to the northern NJ (Montvale) office, i.e. for workshops and team meetings.
The consultant will leverage required tools, IT Standards and methodologies in leading all technical resources in the creation of end-to-end Solution Architecture artifacts and documentation for the assigned portfolio. Also fulfills the role of trusted advisor to the business (or their representative) as part of an envisioning process as well as providing technical/design oversight:
• Collaborate closely with business leads to understand their business objectives, needs and challenges as well as the business processes that support them.
• Define and evolve the solution approach that addresses the business needs and challenges.
• “Own the solution” for those projects that are in your portfolio by managing the solution creation process and driving those solutions to completion by collaborating with a cross-functional team.
• Ensure that your solutions are designed and delivered on time and within budget.
• Apply your technical skills to ensure that the resulting solutions are in alignment with the client's rigorous security, product standards and guidelines.
• Collaborate with project management enabling them to provide periodic reporting conveying the status of the projects that are in your portfolio.
• Collaborate with Global, Regional and Local IT organizations on end-to-end Solution design
• Leverage and develop architecture patterns and building blocks
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture on IT standards, principles and models.
• Provide technical leadership to virtual teams and as a subject matter expert (SME) where appropriate
Technical skills, abilities & qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience with global organizations with complex, enterprise-type applications
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus (Azure Solution Architect is preferred)
- TOGAF and ArchiMate certification is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Experience & knowledge:
- Good presentation skills — comfortable presenting and discussing ideas to an audience
- Strong knowledge of Azure and/or multi cloud knowledge
- Full stack application development experience in legacy as well as latest .NET framework, Web Forms, Web Services, REST API, Angular, JQuery, SQL, Azure SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI etc.
- Developing software with an emphasis on concretely enhancing user experience (reducing delivery times for engagements, reducing error rates, etc.)
- Architecture, code and debug problematic code
- Improving cloud-based applications infrastructure and deployment pipelines
- Optimizing performance and/or resource usage when possible
- Taking part in code reviews as both a reviewer and reviewee
- Passionate and capable of delivering solutions with a high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to different audiences
- Demonstrating leadership and collaboration with onsite/offshore resources and multi-location teams to build solutions,
- Good understanding of technical debt, and remedial actions
- Bachelor's degree (MBA a plus) or equivalent experience.
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 4880