NetSuite Functional Analyst - Full-time - REMOTE
Our direct client is a leader in distribution and sales of industrial products across the country. They are implementing a new cloud-based NetSuite ERP system across the company. The NetSuite Functional Analyst’s role is to deliver company-wide business solutions through application configuration/development as well as support activities. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as finance, operations, supply chain, and other business units. The NetSuite Functional Analyst is also responsible to define, develop, test, analyze, maintain, and improvement of in-house and vendor provided software applications. The Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the systems development life cycle.
Strategy & Planning
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Project Manage and track the status of various projects throughout the project lifecycle.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of business requirements.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand their business requirements, informational needs and data sources, conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings and presentations
- Translate business needs into a clearly defined and detailed business requirements document, inclusive of business use cases, process flows, traceability matrices as well as report mock-ups
- Clearly document and articulate As-Is with To-Be business needs and be able to educate users on NetSuite system functionality/features and help bridge the gap on processes as needed
- Architect, design, build and deliver NetSuite solutions for optimizing the usability and functionality of the system including customization and configuration (via Suite Script 2.0, Suite Talk, Suite Flow, and Suite Cloud), integration and support case resolution.
- Ensure systems integrations with NetSuite are built for scale to align with the growth of the company while maintaining accuracy and completeness of data flowing into NetSuite from our ecommerce platform, fulfillment center, and other third-party systems.
- Work with the internal and implementation partner teams on automating data integrations with NetSuite.
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in technical design reviews & audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed.
- Work with end users on usability/ Help Desk issues.
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 3 years related work experience.
- Education and/or certifications with significant experience in SDLC and project management are desired.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications, including at least 2 years’ experience with the day-to-day technical management and implementation of the NetSuite Oneworld platform required. NetSuite Certification a Plus.
- Understanding of NetSuite ERP workflow (SuiteFlow, SuiteFlex, SuiteTalk) functionality and processes.
- Experience generating saved searches, formulas, standard reports, custom reporting, forms within NetSuite, as well as dashboards, KPI’s and other customizations of user’s home page.
- Experience using forms, fields, custom records, and workflows to manage unique business process requirements within the ERP system.
- Data import and export using CSV, API’s or other methods between NetSuite and 3rd party systems.
- Strong understanding of common industry-standard business practices in accounting, supply chain, distribution, and warehouse management.
- Related experience with 3rd party tools and add-ons like Boomi, Avalara, Celigo, Docupeak, Descartes, RF-Smart a plus.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- This position offers a very competitive salary and bonus, full benefits including 401K Match,and can be done remotely. Prefer a candidate in the Eastern or Central Time Zone. The company has offices and distribution centers throughout the US, occasional travel to a company location for meetings may be desired, but the position is primarily remote.
Job ID: 4927