Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
Network and Security Engineer - Hybrid
Network and Security Engineer
Our direct client, a global container leasing company, based in Northern NJ, is seeking full-time Network Security Engineer to join their growing team. In this role, you will work hybrid on-site 3x per week in the Woodcliff Lake, NJ office.
The Systems and Security Engineer position (reporting to VP of Technology) manages, reviews, evaluates, implements and maintains the day-to-day operations of information technology. As a small team, the role will serve as a “jack of all trades” when it comes to technology but have the capacity to dive deeper as required. The ability to grasp complex technical issues, apply a methodical approach, and implement organizational change is important. A strong sense of urgency, work ethic and focus on customer service is key.
Scope of Work:
This role has lead responsibility for implementation and administration of our client's data and telecommunication network, security infrastructure, cloud services, server and desktop hardware, messaging, storage, virtual infrastructure, disaster recovery and other related technologies. This role provides technical leadership, planning and hands on execution for all aspects of the IT platform including data center technology, servers, networking and telecom, HVAC, backup and restore capabilities, desktop management and the like.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities include managing security and operational events, directly or indirectly assisting in IT troubleshooting and timely issue resolution. As a technology expert, this person will be called upon to assist in ticket escalation, incident triage or other projects either as a leader or team member as necessary
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with SOC, establish and maintain cybersecurity defenses
- Improve disaster recovery policies and procedures
- Oversee operational maintenance tasks – patch management, software upgrades, security monitoring, firmware upgrades
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; improving procedures
(IT Service & Operations Management)
- Evaluate, recommend, test and install new technology
- Identify trends; determine system improvements; implement change
- Ability to implement automation and perform administrative duties with scripting
- Manage partnerships in the areas of: NOC, SOC, outsourced helpdesk, VOIP and other services.
- Prepare technical documentation, reports and user manuals. Document procedures and processes.
(Systems Architecture Design and Implementation)
- Serve as project manager on new technologies and major upgrades
- Primary responsibility of server hardware and software, telecommunications, networks and related technologies
- Provide support to internal and outsourced services
- Mentor and train existing staff in technical areas
- Help resolve escalated technical problems
- Design and conduct training programs
Other duties as assigned and/or required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Ideal candidates will have a background in technology having worked for a small to medium sized business (under 500 people) and a strong emphasis on security. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An understanding of networking protocols and routing.
- An understanding of Firewalls, Routers, Hubs, Switches
- Experience with security practices
- Knowledge of anti-malware and threat prevention technologies
- Strong experience in core technologies such as Windows OS, Server hardware, Active Directory, Email, etc.
- Mobile Device Management & Troubleshooting
- Experience with core Microsoft Office Products
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills; accuracy and consistency is important
- Must be able to prioritize projects, maintaining a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well independently exercising good judgment
- Must be able to work positively and professionally with a wide range of personalities and accept constructive criticism
Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 5-7 years on the job. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related technical field is required.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 5027