Our Direct Global Client has an exciting new opportunity for a Network Achitect to join our clients growing Network Support team. The Network Architect will be responsible for the design, implementations & support of the LAN, WLAN, WAN and Voice networks for a multi-national company on a global scale. Individual must be able to work within a centralized IT Operations team, providing local/regional support, while being part of the global team. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of managing and delivering challenging projects in this space while having a business oriented mindset.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, test and inspect data communication systems.
- Responsible for enforcing standards.
- Incorporates network security, standards and principles.
- Identify and create necessary metrics to recommend improvements across the network including data, voice, and video services.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes.
- Research and provide information on technical trends and best practices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues to support daily business needs
- Plan, implement and support network solutions between multiple platforms using industry standard practices
- Designing and Implementation of new sites, responsible for maintaining IP address schema, and maintaining the network documentation.
- Plan, install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot all LAN/WAN/Voice issues
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot some security hardware and software
- Design, Maintain and configure QoS for voice, video and data on the WAN.
- Manage proactive maintenance of all network and security hardware.
- Maintain WiFi reliability and strength for all covered sites through solid architecture.
- Produce quality technical documentation of change and configuration management, network diagrams, and to support project scope/s of work
- Drive root cause analysis and approve preventive action plans.
- Establishes network security requirements with consultation with IT Security. Act as a L3 escalation to reported networks issues reported by helpdesk and local operations teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree
- 10 + years’ experience in network engineering and considered a subject matter expert
- CCIE Routing & Switching level or equivalent
- Experience configuring and managing a global MPLS network
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, MPLS, IPsec, Layer 2 and Layer 3, and very strong knowledge of Internet protocols, standards, and technologies
- Senior level experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Expertise with VLANs, switching and routing protocols including STP, VRRP, BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Equivalent experience levels required for Network Management (Syslog, SolarWinds), Security, and Project Management
- Strong knowledge of Internetworking principles and protocols in a TCP/IP, Windows environment including SMTP, VLAN's, Layer 2 & 3 switching, routing, DHCP and DNS.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications services and circuitry including the following: VoIP and SIP
- Strong Cisco IP Telephony knowledge with video conferencing experience, as well as Quality of Service (QoS) configuration and management.
- Knowledge of Aruba wireless technology ( Controllers , Mobility Master , Clear Pass , Air Wave)
- Experience in the implementation and design of the corporate Structured Cabling Systems
- Remote access tools
- Strong knowledge of the Windows platform with ability to effectively troubleshoot network related issues on PCs employing the Windows 7 and 10 operating systems using packet capture tool.
- Good knowledge of firewalls operations. Palo Alto firewall knowledge is preferred
- Good Knowledge of automation tools that can be used in networking domain
- Certifications from Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, Palo Alto, etc. a plus
- Good experience on Next generation networking experience setting, designing and managing a SD-WAN solution ( VeloCloud by VMWare)
- Hands-on Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IP trunking concepts, topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP
- Hands-on Voice Gateway with Signaling Protocols – ISDN, Analogue, T1/E1 PRI and SIP
- Understanding business strategy, organization and culture
- Must be able to work independently with initiative, be a strong team player, have excellent interpersonal, customer service, and time management skills.
- Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence
- Proficient in English
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Customer Orientation
- Problem Solving /Decision Making
- Communication Effectiveness
- Results Orientation
- Safety Awareness
Job ID: 4413