OPICS Consultant - Capital Market
Our direct client, an international bank in NYC, is looking for an experienced Capital Market’s technical resource assist with an OPICS upgrade project. The role will include upgrading OPICS, as well as investigating, designing, and documenting requirements in relation to the OPICS platform and its corresponding interfaces.
Candidate must have strong technical expertise and will be expected to work closely with an internal project team as well as various vendors involved in the project, to ensure that the build and deployment of OPICS and its interfaces meet expectations. The resource will also interact with stakeholders and resources from different departments to build and maintain integrations.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to drive business outcomes and assist with any tactical and strategic technical and functional needs of the organization.
- Liaise with front, middle, and back office personnel to gather business and regulatory requirements for enhancements and other modifications to OPICS.
- Utilize knowledge of full OPICS infrastructure to analyze business requirements, conduct gap analysis and map requirements into functional and technical specifications.
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Strong Domain knowledge with Capital Markets background with exposure to Equity, Fixed Income, FX, and SWAPS.
- Experience working with the trading desk and treasury services.
- Excellent documentation skills BRD, FRD and Use Cases.
- Strong understanding of project methodologies (must be comfortable delivering tasks under both Waterfall and Agile methodologies).
- Adaptability and flexibility; team player.
- Proven ability to assess problems and research solutions and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of system integration/interface build.
- Gathering and analysis of business and regulatory requirements for treasury-traded products
- Working knowledge and experience of general ledgers.
- Excellent understanding of the Front, Middle and Back Office processes
- Experience with working in large teams.
- Excellent analytical and communication, interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent hands-on experience in SQL & doing data mapping.
- Experience working with various API technologies including REST API / Webservices.
- Familiarity with wealth management systems such as Envestnet and Pershing a plus
- 5+ years of experience working with OPICS.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills a plus.
- Background in SDLC/Agile development a plus.
- Experience with ITIL practices or other ITSM frameworks a plus.
- Development background is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related discipline.
Job ID: 4637