Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
PM IT Infrastructure - Hybrid:
Project Manager IT Infrastructure – Hybrid:
Our direct client in Northern New Haven County, an international manufacturer and distributor of consumer products is looking a Project Manager on the IT Infrastructure team. This position is responsible for managing the global infrastructure, which includes data centers, networks, telephony, and servers. Evaluate and make technology selection in support of the business needs, manage project implementations and train support organization on new technology implementations. Delivery of key global and local projects established annually to support global business needs or upgrade/maintain technology. Maintain global infrastructure security and compliance to IT policies. This position will also work closely with the IT executive staff and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
This position requires the ability to provide a strong influence over other Technology Related roles and a demonstrated ability to lead cross team initiatives to successful conclusion.
- Manage all local and global infrastructure changes for: networks, telephony, virtual and physical servers, global domains, messaging/email standards, collaboration, desktop computing, backup/recovery, SAN storage and disaster recovery
- Perform research and analysis and subsequent recommendations of solutions for new IT initiatives required to maintain, improve, and upgrade the information technology systems
- Manage initiatives/projects through use of project planning methodology and reporting
- Assist with hands-on technology implementations, changes and problem solving
- Coordinate activities related to security issues and external IT audit
- Perform analysis on network related projects to maintain, improve, and upgrade the LAN (Local Area Network) & WAN (Wide Area Network) technology
- Manage IT security using firewall, Windows Group Policy, Antivirus software and server patching
- Assist in long term global planning and budgeting process
- Work with the vendors to finalize hardware purchase and software licensing
- Achieve SLA for server and network uptime
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing all aspects of global infrastructure along with superior Project management skills
- Experience in a complex, global environment
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure (Network, Telcom, Data Center Operations, Desktop Computing, Mobile Computing, Servers, SAN Storage)
- Working knowledge of VPN, understanding of network devices like routers, switches; Windows server 2003/2008, Windows XP/Vista/7, Terminal Server, Active Directory, SharePoint, LANDesk, Scrutinizer, Netbackup, Data Protector, SAN Storage, DNS/WINS/DHCP, VMware, Linux Administration, Cisco Phone system, WAN/LAN architecture, Blackberry Enterprise Server, DR replication tools like EMC RecoverPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job ID: 5201