PMO Manager- Remote - Northeast US
Our direct client is a ultra-fast-growth industrial distribution and sales company, acquiring other firms in their industry and investing heavily new new IT systems. They are looking for a PMO Manager to build out the PMO from scratch. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be hands-on and manage complex projects but also manage other PMs and be responsible for selecting tools, templates, processes, and methodologies to be used for IT and non-IT projects throughout the company. This position is remote, but will require occasional visits to their Orange, CT office, so we seek a candidate located somewhere between southern NJ and the Boston area, who could drive in for occasional in-person meetings as needed.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Define the organization’s project management methodology and establish processes for tracking and delivering projects.
- Lead a team of internal and external business analysts, project managers, and financial analysts in a matrix setup, guide the PMO process from inception/ROI through to delivery, and ensure the prioritization of work is adequate.
- Act as the spokesperson for the IT Steering Committee, preparing and managing all materials for planned and ad-hoc updates/meetings, as well as oversees the area of procurement and budgeting for IT.
- Lead the implementation of methodologies throughout the department and communicates process to business units.
- Lead the development of tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communications, and key performance metrics.
- Establish the performance of IT resources, and provide management of the overall budget, goals, issues, and prioritizations.
- Analyze, improve and manage complex project plans to ensure resource and milestone expectations are being met and provide project status, open items, gaps, and proposals to leadership/steering committee for approval, prioritization, and/or resolution.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around respective project portfolios; direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
- Foster innovation and increase business agility by embracing agile delivery approaches
- Manage vendor and consulting relationships and negotiates project-related contract services. Ensures vendor delivery and manages ongoing external relationships.
- Oversee the procurement and budgeting function within IT.
- Develop reports and comprehensive dashboards for regular updates and reviews with the steering committee and others.
- Establish a centralized IT program management office by developing a consistent method of project management strategies and processes for the organization.
- Create and realize ROI.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have extensive experience forecasting spend rate, and resource utilization six months to year out.
- Are able to provide communication on projects between all departments and functional business units.
- Can manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program.
- Have experience working in a highly dynamic team and fast-paced environment with continuous challenges.
- Can build collaborative relationships.
- Are able to identify and seek information and perform research
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Minimum three years or more managing the PMO function directly
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing software development and rollout-type projects
- Minimum 3 years of supervision experience is required, experience leading a team is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Agile Methodology experience
- Must be able to travel to Orange, CT as needed on a regular basis.
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 5171