Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
PMO Manager- Remote - Northeast US
Our direct client is a ultra-fast-growth industrial distribution and sales company, acquiring other firms in their industry and investing heavily new new IT systems. They are looking for a PMO Manager to build out the project management office from scratch. You will be tasked with first building out the IT PMO and eventually the enterprise project management office (EPMO). As part of the role, you will be responsible for selecting tools, templates, processes, and methodologies to be used for IT and non-IT projects throughout the organization. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be hands-on and manage complex projects and manage a team of project managers.
This position is remote, but will require occasional visits to their Orange, CT office, so we seek a candidate located somewhere between southern NJ and the Boston area, who could drive in for occasional in-person meetings as needed.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Define the organization’s project management methodology and establish processes for tracking and delivering projects.
- Lead a team of internal and external business analysts, project managers, and financial analysts in a matrix setup, guide the PMO process from inception/ROI through to delivery, and ensure the prioritization of work is adequate.
- Act as the spokesperson for the IT Steering Committee, preparing and managing all materials for planned and ad-hoc updates/meetings, as well as oversees the area of procurement and budgeting for IT.
- Lead the implementation of methodologies throughout the department and communicates process to business units.
- Lead the development of tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communications, and key performance metrics.
- Establish the performance of IT resources, and provide management of the overall budget, goals, issues, and prioritizations.
- Analyze, improve and manage complex project plans to ensure resource and milestone expectations are being met and provide project status, open items, gaps, and proposals to leadership/steering committee for approval, prioritization, and/or resolution.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around respective project portfolios; direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
- Foster innovation and increase business agility by embracing agile delivery approaches
- Manage vendor and consulting relationships and negotiates project-related contract services. Ensures vendor delivery and manages ongoing external relationships.
- Oversee the procurement and budgeting function within IT.
- Develop reports and comprehensive dashboards for regular updates and reviews with the steering committee and others.
- Establish a centralized IT program management office by developing a consistent method of project management strategies and processes for the organization.
- Create and realize ROI.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have extensive experience forecasting spend rate, and resource utilization six months to year out.
- Are able to provide communication on projects between all departments and functional business units.
- Can manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program.
- Have experience working in a highly dynamic team and fast-paced environment with continuous challenges.
- Can build collaborative relationships.
- Are able to identify and seek information and perform research
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Minimum three years or more managing the PMO function directly
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing software development and rollout-type projects
- Minimum 3 years of supervision experience is required, experience leading a team is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Agile Methodology experience
- Must be able to travel to Orange, CT as needed on a regular basis.
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 5171