Portfolio System Support Manager: Hybrid
Portfolio System Support Manager – Hybrid:
Our direct client, an alternative investment firm in New York City, is looking for an experienced Systems Support Manager to support their Portfolio and Finance systems. This position can be based in NYC or Chicago, hybrid working model, a few days per week on site is expected.
System Administration and Development
- Serve as the primary administrator of our Finance and Accounting platforms (including FIS Investran, Sage Intacct, and Expensify), including managing user access and security groups along with other configuration tasks
- Develop run books and train rest of IT staff on basic administration tasks
- Manage the deployment and support of the platforms
- Evaluate existing system implementations and develop recommendations for problem resolution, enhancement, and tuning
- Perform routine monitoring, maintenance, and service tasks including auditing and security functions
- Work with Finance team members to identify areas of development and improvement and oversee their implementation
- Work with the SOx team and stakeholders to ensure our platforms and processes are fully SOx compliant
- Act as data steward for the data in Finance and Accounting platforms
- Work with business users to develop and maintain necessary reporting
Documentation and Training
- Create and maintain documentation of platform, processes, best practices, usage guides, etc.
- Provide training and support to users in the implementation of iManage, including roll-out of new functionality
- Manage relationship with vendor support and customer relationship teams for product issue escalation, product enhancement requests, user groups, and product news such as upcoming release features and schedules
- Investigates system problems and coordinates fixes or functional enhancements with application vendors
- Work with vendors to identify and implement new features and functionality to support the company’s business goals and objectives
- Manage software licenses and renewals
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: College degree (BA/BS) or higher
- At least 5 years working with and administering FIS Investran or other portfolio and accounting systems (i.e. Geneva)
- Strong background in accounting and working with accounting staff
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Experience with project management tools and techniques
- Experience managing vendors and leading projects
- Understanding of law or background in the legal industry a plus
- Experience with scripting and coding with Microsoft tools a plus
- Experience with Sage Intacct and other accounting systems a plus
Core Competencies & Skills / Personal Attributes & Fit
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-directed, go-getter willing to roll-up sleeves and make things happen.
- A multi-tasker, capable of actively managing a large and complex portfolio of high-value projects.
- A team player who can work collegially with team members at multiple levels and business functions.
- Ambitious and ready to work in a fast-paced environment where leadership and skills will be fully utilized.
Job ID: 5047