Apply for job
Principal Technology Leader:
Principal Technology Leader:
Our direct client, based in Stamford CT, is seeking a Senior Technologist to lead the rapid growth of the business. Client offers an excellent package, competitive compensation, stock options, 100% covered on health insurance, free lunch and many more….
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting, review, and debug code, perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up to date with latest technologies
- Provide cyber security best practice
- Implement IT General Controls
- Mentor junior developers
- Provide executive updates on technology progress
- 10-15 years of hands-on experience with SaaS capabilities
- IT leadership for internal team and vendors with requirements gathering, solution architecture, design, development, testing, launch and post-launch maintenance
- Cloud Depth – Knowledge and hands on experience with current cloud computing via AWS, development tools, SQL/NoSQL/cloud databases, open source, continuous deployment frameworks, performance monitoring tools, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS/IDaaS/NaaS cloud service models, etc. The IT leader must have deep knowledge and hands-on experience in modern development tools, approaches and cloud environment/service.
- Architectural Vision and Evolution: Proven success in addressing existing solution integration, automated business processes, strategy on missing pieces and overall integration. Specifically, enterprise integration capabilities for tools across platform with scalable data and secured storage implementing RACI and data models for implementation with a master data model.
- Vendor Evaluation and Implementation Management: Formal vendor process and structure for the organization
- Experience in working with a start-up: Managing IT in a start-up is very different from managing IT in a large company like a big bank because a start-up requires an IT capability that is much more agile and responsive to last-minute changes in the company’s strategies and priorities. It is important for an IT leader to truly understand these differences and implement the appropriate, agile processes and architecture while spending a majority of time on development and execution. You have to want to be hands on to get the organization up and running and have a passion for technology.
- IT General Controls – experience in the implementation and operation of IT General controls in line with public SOX requirements (access, permissions, maintenance, password, backups, etc) leveraging authorization, defense, recovery, prevention, creating and updating policy and response methods.
- Middle Tier: Python, Django, Java
- Databases: RDBMS such as MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL: DynamoDB, Mongo
- AWS Cloud: Lambda, Docker, EC2, Tomcat etc.
- Others: REST API, Graph QL, Analytics
- Experience in working in Agile environment
Nice to Have Skills:
- Information security experience a plus
- Financial Systems (Business Central or similar MS financial tools) knowledge
- Salesforce knowledge
Job ID: 5076