Product Manager - Remote
Product Manager – Remote:
Our direct client, a fast-growing healthcare, employee benefits and insurance software technology firm is looking for Product Managers (2). In this role, you will be responsible for building new products and increasing the profitability of firm’s applications. As a consummate team player, you are adept at managing relationships and collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions.
You will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates. You will work with developers to define product release requirements based on market problems. You will work with sales and customer service teams to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. You will also serve as an internal and external evangelist for the product, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers.
The best candidate will possess outstanding creativity, a highly detailed nature, and the ability to help define and solve complex use cases and business problems. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand our business strategy, identify business and customer opportunities that can change the trajectory of firm’s business.
- Manage the product backlog against the long-term product roadmap: prioritize opportunities from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize the work so the development team is working on the most impactful items.
- Translate problems and opportunities into actionable user stories through frequent interaction with customers and internal customer-facing teams. You will define and frame those problems for the development team.
- Collaborate with the development team in an agile framework throughout the product lifecycle: Discovery, Design, Test, Build, and Measure. This includes:
- Conceiving, planning and leading the development of high-end, effective product features.
- Analyzing available usage metrics for trends, patterns, issues, and opportunities for product optimization.
- Producing design, logic flows, storyboards, personas, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, sitemaps, high fidelity prototypes, and UI specifications.
- Constantly evaluate if product features are meeting the needs of our customers, solving their problems, and delivering on the business opportunity. You use qualitative, quantitative, techniques with customer interviews and experimentation.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat.
- Mastery of the interactive agile development process
- Passion for tackling business opportunities by solving customer problems. You start with the customer and work backwards to a solution. This includes the ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with a financial and commercial mindset.
- Strong communication of product decisions and the rationale behind them, comfortable making decisions without consensus, and can help others make decisions by being persuasive
- An entrepreneurial mentality: you will need to be a self-starter capable of working with little direction
- An understanding of the technical components of complex web applications
- Creativity – Possess problem-solving skills, an investigative mentality, and a proactive nature.
- Independence – The ability to make things happen with limited direction. Excellent proactive attitude, take-charge personality, and “can-do” demeanor.
- Stewardship – Be committed to delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Personal Organization – Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development practices
- Demonstrated success as a product manager with 3+ years of experience
- Passion for building impactful customer experiences that also deliver business value
- Strong time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a collaborative and proactive approach to working with a team
- Desire to drive outcomes over output
- High attention to detail
- Excitement about working at a startup and being a part of a small and focused R&D team.
Job ID: 4943