QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer Incubator US – Westchester County, NY and NYC
Our direct client (a premier Global company) with offices in Westchester County, NY and NYC has immediate opening for a QA Automation Engineer for their new platform product /start up in the direct insurance industry. Ability to work in both locations.
About the Company
It is our client's ambition to become the leading data-driven risk knowledge company to help clients mitigate their risks. To that end, they provide a wide range of traditional and non-traditional commercial insurance products and risk transfer solutions through a dedicated, global team of commercial insurance experts. Their solutions are broad, our expertise is deep. Therefore, information and technology are instrumental in building a respective data and advanced analytics capabilities to enable this ambition. Likewise, their global IT/operating platform is a key enabler to access evolving digital markets and to align existing processes and capabilities with new digital business models and making core business capabilities more flexible and more efficient.
About the role
As QA automation engineer in the US incubator squad you'll combine your extensive test automation experience and business domain know how to help building secure, high-quality applications.
Your responsibilities include:
- You work closely with the Product Manager and the development squad to understand the problems, formulate solution proposals and evaluate test automation effort and feasibility.
- Together with the squad you will be implementing test automation solutions and creating test cases supporting the quality of our solution.
- You'll work on testing all tiers of the product including UI, service and data layer.
- You focus on developing proven test automation frameworks and are able to handle complex test scenarios including external services.
- You embrace the DevOps culture, automate everything and enable continuous delivery of secure and high-quality software, delivering valuable features at a very fast pace!
About the team
Thid team has been established to bring simplicity and efficiency to clients, intermediaries and colleagues through innovative use of data and technology. Customers will experience products and a customer journey that is consistent, easier to understand and reliable.
To achieve this ambitious goal, our direct client is building up an incubator – a small start-up squad within the company.
Are you eager to disrupt the insurance industry with us and make an impact? Do you wish to have your talent recognised and rewarded? Then join their internal start-up squad today!!
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in test automation
- You bring along experience in Selenium, Cucumber, REST-assured or other open source test automation frameworks
- You understand the principles of REST, modern authentication principles such as OAuth2 and OIDC and can handle these technologies in your automation frameworks
- Demonstrable ability to use Java, SQL and general database utilities to configure and manipulate automated test scripts and compare baseline and test execution outputs
- You seek for an efficient test pyramid setup to satisfy the fast feedback loop required in agile software delivery
- Excellent communication skills are important
- You have strong analytical skills, and take on problems in a structured way, joining your own creative ideas and those of others. You can do this on an abstract level and engage in detail to make sure ideas are realistic and pragmatic
- An understanding of P&C primary insurance is a plus
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements in software development is a plus.
- Proficient in English
For immediate consideration, please apply today!
Job ID: 4441