Quality Assurance Engineer - Full-time - Hybrid schedule
Our direct client, a successful global firm with an office in Lexington, KY seeks a sharp candidate to join as a Quality Assurance Engineer, working to test the company's enterprise software. The company has an excellent work environment and culture, and is willing to invest in training and development of a candidate with good basic SQL skills and an eye for detail, and help them grow in their career in software Quality Assurance. Full-time position with full-benefits, hybrid location in Lexington onsite 2-3 days a week, rest work from home.
FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for defining and executing a pragmatic quality assurance program in an AGILE development environment. The role includes both hands-on testing as well as quality advocacy for users. To be successful, the individual must be be a highly motivated, goal-oriented team player capable of testing complex business and technical solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES: • Work closely with the Quality Assurance Lead to collect and document test requirements to ensure broad coverage of business and technical testing. • Create and execute repeatable use cases and test suites. • Schedule and execute the Quality Assurance plan, including coordinating/executing
o Parallel and regression testing between releases o Identifying business use cases for testing scenarios
o Uncovering defects and optimizing workflow improvements
• Review, report on, and track the testing results using quantitative metrics.
• Aid in the research and resolution of open issues.
• Support the users to define and execute User Acceptance Tests.
• Coordinate the “certification” and sign-off of releases.
• Mentoring the developers and aid the business with the Quality Assurance process.
• Experience with SQL, developing SQL Queries
– Sharp eye for detail and a desire to grow in Software Quality Assurance
• BA or BS or equivalent industry experience required
This experience would be a plus, but is not required:
• Web-based enterprise application testing experience
• Experience with Linux based software development/testing tools
• 2+ years of QA experience through the full software lifecycle
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent User and Technical facing communication skills
• Strong organizational & teamwork skills
• Must be at a commutable distance (within 50 miles) to the Lexington, KY office
• Able to work the hybrid working schedule of 3 days in the office (Monday – Wednesday)
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 5149