Salesforce / Excel Integration Consultant - Remote
For our direct client, we seek an experienced Salesforce consultant to help build a system to integrate and automate an
internal Excel based financial model with Salesforce, and Sharepoint. The client is based in New York, but this work can be done remotely.
The client has has functioning financial analysis Excel spreadsheet system residing in SharePoint, and they seek to integrate with their Salesforce Enterprise system, moving data bi-directionally between Salesforce and Excel, i.e. to update the financial values of certain sales or investment opportunities. The system will help automate the intake, evaluation, pricing, and documentation of opportunities.
A second objective of this project is to build functionality via Salesforce Community Portal to enable external partners to access certain data that resides in the Salesforce system. This system would allow the external party to input data, have it run through the excel model, and then the results displayed in the portal.
The client has done some requirements gathering and wireframing, and needs the Salesforce technical resource to partner with them to build the integration.
- The consultant will work iteratively with the project team to finalize technical requirements and do the hands-on development and integration work, i.e. build the system
- Daily ongoing check ins with project team
- Presentation to full project team every week on progress toward subsequent milestones
- Technical testing
Skills and Experience Desired:
- Full life-cycle developer experienced with Salesforce integration with various data sources, i.e. SQL , Excel, etc.
- Experience developing Salesforce Community Portal solutions
- Solid Excel / VBA skills, with SharePoint
- Financial modeling experience is a plus
- Python experience is a plus
- Experience working as the primary developer on a project, working closely with business and other technical team resources.
Immediate interview start. Initial project estimate is for about 4 months – potential exists for follow-on work with client.
Job ID: 4575