SAP Finance Solutions Manager
SAP Finance Solutions Manager
We have a large, growing global client that is engaged in a large, global transformation project. that is focused on back office processes starting with Finance, Procurement and integration scheme with the group front office systems. The objectives of such strategic project are to enhance steering capabilities, increase control / compliance and improve efficiency through the implementation of group wide core model processes supported by standard organization principles and a single ERP (SAP S/4Hana).
The finance function is expected through the project completion, based on the implementation of a single operating model, with the following value pillars:
- Automate management reports
- Have a unique source for management report
- Automate budget vs actual analysis
- Increase processes compliance
- Deploy core model processes
- Simplify audits with more traceability
- Simplify finance operational processes
- Have a universal journal as single source of truth
- Optimize shared service centers
- Automate closing process
As part of this journey which has been going on for the last 3 years, designed and built such solution core model and initiated its roll out through the deployment of pilot countries. Next phase of the project will be focused on deploying the solution to all the geographies to actually collect the expected value.
The Finance Solution manager will be in charge, for the region and within the program team and organization, of leading from an IT standpoint the deployment of processes, systems and operating principles with a constant focus on the macro project and function objectives towards value creation for the company.
Such activities shall be performed in full alignment with the core global program team and in coordination with regional Finance Business Process Owners (BPOs) and others teams (Procurement, Master data teams, Industry teams…).
Main accountabilities (Main Responsibilities):
The Finance Solution manager will be accountable of implementing the solution in the region to support accounting and controlling activities.
Across the various phases of the project and for each country within the region, the role will be responsible for the following for the projects:
- Build the Finance detailed planning in the respect of the Global program planning
- Drive the delivery of a finance solution by the Finance team in the agreed planning which support business needs with a maximal adoption of the core model hand in hand with the BPOs and other teams
- Workshop preparation and solution sign off by business
- Prepare Design authority for identified Gaps
- Articulate properly requirements to share it with Core team for System customizing or with Factories for development or migration
- Manage Integration tests and User acceptance tests
- Manage training
- Organize hyper care and transition to run
- Coordinate the work between BPOs, integrator, internal resources and core teams
- Ensure a stable solution, easily maintainable by support
- Manage one sub-stream (example CO, GL, .. ) depending of the expertise of the candidate and the defined organization of the Finance team
- Raise alerts and risks with an adequate mitigation plan to the project management
- Ensure local coordination, with a E2E view on processes
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience (including number of years)
- 10 years in IT SAP Finance/Controlling projects, ideally on multicultural projects, with complex change management.
- Experience of integration between SAP modules (MM, PM, Concur, Consolidation tool )
- Experience in management of a small team of 2 to 5 person, as team lead or a project manager.
Knowledge: SAP Controlling modules. Knowledge on S/4 HANA is a plus.
Strong knowledge on project methodology and roll out.
Education: Engineering or Business Administration, ideally with a major in Finance
Languages: English as a must have + Spanish as a nice to have
Systems: Deep experience with SAP CO (preferred) or FI is a must have. Experience with an S/4Hana is a nice to have.
Technical/ Functional skills:
Communication and Business Relationship Management : Advanced – must be able to interact efficiently within various dimensions, at various level and in various geographies of the organization (within and outside of the project team)
Mastering of finance Processes : Intermediate – must understand finance process for client, challenge the BPO in case of GAPS
Project Management : Intermediate – should be able to plan the Finance work within the defined project metholodgy in a project environment. Should be able to raise alerts and to propose ways of working to Project management.
Business process transformation : Intermediate – must be comfortable to support BPOs change management plan.
IT awareness & system capabilities : Advanced – must be able to put in place sustainable SAP finance system , as standard as possible, to support efficiently business processes.
Team management : Advanced – must be able to build, develop and retain the appropriate team. Difficulty is more anticipated to come from the ‘virtual’ team management (Core team and BPO’s)
Auditing awareness & skills : Intermediate – Needs to be able to audit existing Sap solution and recommend solution to Gaps
Quality and details focus : Intermediate – Has to understand fully the details in order to come up with the appropriate solutions and recommendation
Job ID: 4661