Scrum Master - Long-term contract
We seek an experienced Scrum Master to join our client's global IT team. The position is initially remote, but will require commuting to Montvale, NJ 1 or 2 days a week starting in the Fall. It will NOT go to 5 days/week onsite, there will always be WFH and a relatively flexible schedule. There is a good chance of contract-to-hire with this client eventually as well.
In this role, you'll help the team reach peak productivity, coach and mentor resources, resolve impediments that block a team and help track their progress. The Scrum Master also plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices by the organization. A Scrum Master at this client also plays the role of Technical Delivery Manager and has to be hands on with the team in pushing projects forward (Doing whatever it takes).
Must have significant experience ramping up, coaching and mentoring teams to peak productivity working in a complex inter dependent software development environment.
The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert in Scrum software development methodology, be an effective communicator with strong servant leadership skills, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference.
SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework is a plus)
This needs to be an individual that puts the team before themselves. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving standards of work.
May act as a source for mentoring of less experienced department staff.
Qualifications – Required:
- Thorough understanding of Scrum software development methodology, values, practices and procedures.
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and iterative development methodologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft and software development
- Experience with Rally, Jira or Microsoft ADO/ TFS / Visual Team Services (a plus)
- Ability to understand technical issues and identify the means to resolving them
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Experience with Agile transformation in an organization
- Experience working with large programs that use multiple Agile teams
- Hands on experience with metrics and tracking tools used in Scrum
- Experience with scaling Agile in the enterprise
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience
- Certified Scrum Master with at least 2 + years of experience in this role post-certification
Job ID: 4671