Senior Application Developer
Our direct client, a leading biotech company, is seeking a talented Sr. Applications Developer to join their team to help enable the analysis and interpretation of genetic data for 100,000s of individuals, by developing the analysis tools and web applications that will enable scientists to explore the data at scale.
Our goal is to generate the knowledge that will enable our organization to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. You will be responsible for developing interactive analysis tools and methods that will help accomplish this vision. You will work collaboratively with other experts in genomic data analysis, biology, computation and medicine to design, implement and refine world class data analysis and visualization tools.
A typical day may include:
- Designing, architecting, implementing and refining algorithms for visualization of genetic and health data, with a focus on web accessible applications. These applications will facilitate analysis and exploration of datasets with 1,000,000s of genetic variants, 1,000,000s of individuals, and 10,000s of health related traits.
- Implementing scalable, portable and standards compliant code, built open reusable building blocks and standard frameworks for web application development.
- Evaluating code for efficiency, correctness and style.
- Ensuring tools are robust and friendly in the face of user and input errors.
THIS ROLE COULD BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Are motivated to work in a rapidly evolving, exciting environment.
- Have an ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Have outstanding communication skills and an ability to summarize and present plans, prototypes and results a variety of audiences, ranging from experts in application development, to experts in biology, drug design and medicine. Willingness to incorporate user and partner feedback.
To be considered for this role, you must have experience working with:
- cloud computing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field,
- proven experience in developing reusable software and software components
- Expertise in the development of tools for interactive exploration and visualization of genomic data and other very large datasets is highly desired.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and architectures (d3, R, tableau) and of efficient strategies for visualizing and summarizing millions of data points, particular in the context of genetic association studies (Manhattan, QQ, LocusZoom plots);
- Experience with cloud computing environments (such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure) and with related services (including, for example, services for image processing, data storage and querying, and machine learning);
- Expertise with the analysis of genomic data is a plus, including knowledge of standard formats for storing and indexing genomic data (VCF, tabix, BED).
- Expertise in developing analysis packages and tools is highly desired, as demonstrated by leadership or contributor roles to genomic analysis packages and tools available on GitHub or elsewhere;
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, both as a consumer and provider;
- Strategies for evaluating code efficiency and optimization through the use of parallel computing, caching, indexing, and just-in-time processing;
- Experience with modern version control systems, such as Git.
If you are qualified and interested, please apply with your updated resume today!
Our client prides itself on having an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Onsite work preferred, hybrid work model is an option.. Open to sponsorship and relocation.
Job ID: 4703