Oracle DBA/Production Support
Oracle Database Administrator/Production Support
Our direct client, a global leasing company, located near White Plains, NY is seeking an Oracle DBA with 3-5 years experience for immediate hire.
In this role, you will provide database technical support for all production and non-production company databases ensuring database security, integrity, stability, and system availability. You will work closely with the Infrastructure and Application Development teams to optimize system performance and up-time.
Specific Responsibilities include:
– Manage Oracle 11g/12c large multi-Teradata databases – both OLTP and Warehouse.
– Provide database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
– Patch and upgrade the Oracle databases.
– Maintain a stable and secure database backup and recovery infrastructure.
– Provide development databases needed for testing by the Application Development team.
– Make requested changes, updates, and modifications to production databases utilizing a JIRA ticketing system.
– Assist users, technical and non-technical alike, in understanding and using database tools.
– Keep abreast of latest technology trends in the industry.
– Follow cybersecurity guidelines in ensuring the databases are secure.
– Participate in Disaster Recovery tests once a year.
– Provide support for special projects or tasks as assigned.
– Provide and maintain database documentation as needed.
– Provide necessary support for annual SOX audits.
– Provide “on-call” coverage on a rotational basis with other Infrastructure engineers.
DBA with 3-5 years’ experience with Oracle and Linux a must. Experience with Oracle 11g/12c/18c databases.
Experience in Oracle ASM, DataGuard, and RMAN.
Experience in RHEL/Oracle Linux.
Experience in Linux/Perl scripting.
Experience in Storage management – Dell Compellent SAN preferred. Basic use of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office products such as Excel and Word.
Experience in VMware preferred.
SQL Server experience is a plus.
Must be a team player. Should be enthusiastic and always willing to learn. Should be able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Must be able to complete detailed level tasks with minimal supervision. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with both peers and management.
Work for a publicly traded NYSE firm with a small feel environment! Opportunity for advancement. Competitive compensations package and excellent benefits.
Apply today for immediate consideration!!
Job ID: 4301