Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineering:
Our direct client, a fast-growing energy company in Westchester County, NY, is seeking senior Software Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and implementing the technical roadmap for bringing firm’s proprietary software suite into its next generation and for actively performing application development for upgrades and new features in both the customer facing software and internal operational software. As part of a highly successful, nimble, smaller company, the successful candidate needs to actively participate in the development of the code, troubleshooting, and upgrade implementation, as well as to think strategically about software development, technology, and hardware.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading efforts to design and deliver technology to clients and internal users including web application development, cloud infrastructure.
- Leading the design for the next iteration of multiple capstone web applications, and understanding the current technology stack including PHP, React, VueJS, MySQL, ExtJS, Python, Golang, Linux and develop roadmap for technology upgrades to meet business goals
- Develop, upgrade, and deliver our client facing applications and internal operating applications
- Designing and maintaining high availability AWS based infrastructure to deploy web applications
- Architect applications to use AWS and other third-party services to off-load business functions, including client communications (email / sms / voice), CRM, and marketing
- Maintaining a collaborative environment on GitHub for code development with other team members.
- Supporting clients with web applications and IoT deployments and help design and implement IoT solutions.
- Auditing and mitigating application security issues (e.g. patching, deprecations)
- Assist in designing and deploying hardware solutions for energy metering and controls using off-the-shelf industrial equipment such as energy meters, controllers, power supplies and wireless routers, and maximizing uptime under difficult deployment conditions (e.g. basements, vaults, etc.)
- Version control using git, collaboration using GitHub (Pull requests, code review, issue tracking)
- Unit testing, Object-oriented Programming, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Microservice architecture
- Amazon Web Services for high availability application deployment
- Office365 productivity suite, Open Office XML
- Continuous Integration using Github Actions, Continuous Deployment using Docker
Job ID: 5106