Senior Solutions Architect - .net/Azure stack
Senior Solution Architects
Our direct client in northern NJ is looking for Sr. Solutions Architects to join their team. The selected candidate will be responsible for designing solutions predominantly in a Microsoft development environment. The current applications are gradually being moved to an Azure PAAS environment from on-prem environments, and new applications are being built using CI/CD in the Azure development environment.
These positions are long-term contract positions (1 year +), which offer a lot of challenge, growth, and an excellent family-friendly work environment with flexibility.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Plan and define the successful technical design and deployment of systems within regional and global environments.
· Be dedicated to an IT Relationship Manager as their trusted adviser and representative in any technical matter as required
· Define, plan and monitor the technical alignment of Global/Regional/Local configuration and deployment architectures with respect to supporting core infrastructure items; for example, operating systems, productivity tools, browsers, and database technologies
· Guide and advise in the determination of requirements for all aspects of technical delivery and configuration, including: documentation, workshops, forums, training and contribute to their development and delivery. Coordinate these activities and other communications as directed by the client.
· Work with Global/Regional/Local IT teams to help them configure implementations, plan functional and performance testing as well as facilitate the transition of systems through delivery into formal support processes
· Participate as required in any technical task as directed by the Head of Application Delivery
Management and Competencies
· Experienced team manager and providing team leadership – define work tasks, set priorities, ensure proper utilization, monitor and report on progress
· Experience in a global team matrix environment
· Experience with architecting enterprise solutions using TOGAF is a plus
· Capable of forward thinking and of moving strategic plans into action
· Demonstrated experience mentoring, coaching, developing team members and being a role model
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical information to IT Leadership, the business, developers and support staff
· International experience with the ability to work in a diverse work environment across cultures and time-zones; available to travel (internationally) at short notice and host/attend international calls outside of standard working hours
· Minimum eight years’ experience as a Technical/Solutions Architect
· Minimum fifteen years project experience in delivery of enterprise systems with an emphasis on globally available applications
· Strong experience as primary technical leader on successful large application deployments with the ability to manage resources and multiple projects simultaneously
· Experience managing teams (5-10 people)
· In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (Azure, IAAS, PAAS must at least be present from POC experience), IIS, .NET, Web Services, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server, Clustering, Active Directory etc..)
· Confidence in dealing with staff, managers and partners across the firm
· Good knowledge of regional issues and structures, ability to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds
· Proficient communication skills with non-technical audiences
· Microsoft certifications
· Experienced with TOGAF is a plus, and working with Enterprise Architecture tools such as Troux, Mega, Alfabet, Orbus
Job ID: 4327