Senior System Infrastructure Engineer - Full-time - Hybrid
Our direct client, a dynamic global firm and leader in their field, has migrated much of its infrastructure to the cloud and is expanding its infrastructure operations team, and seeks a strong engineer to join the team. This position offers a competitive salary and bonus and outstanding benefits and the company has a solid, collaborative culture and offers strong career growth potential and stability for the long-run.
For this role we seek an experienced, well-rounded Engineer who is responsible, strong hands-on and can offer support and guidance other global team members, with both Linux and Windows/Azure experience.
Competencies and Desired Skills/Experience include:
- Strong Production hands-on experience with Azure cloud offerings in a system engineering capacity.
- 7 + years of production engineering and operational support in a global Windows and Linux environment, focusing on the integration for network, storage and Infrastructure components.
- 2+ years operating in a production Azure cloud environment.
- Strong ability to create scripts and frameworks utilizing toolsets/languages such as PowerShell, YAML, KQL, bash, JSON, Ansible automating manual processes to create efficiencies in the standard operating environment.
- Prior experience deploying infrastructure utilizing Infrastructure as a code technology (Terraform), integrating scripts into the overall deployment and automation.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization based on impacts and other external factors.
- Identify stakeholders, schedule and lead working sessions, identifying the scope and objectives for the topic at, while keeping people accountable.
- Experience in a DevSecOps environment utilizing a form or Scrum and Agile frameworks
- Support elements of solution design utilizing aspects of native Azure offerings.
- Experience working together with security and compliance teams, providing them with evidence to demonstrate compliance with operational controls.
- Attention to detail with the ability to filter out the unnecessary and to focus on the information that is important for the scope being addressed.
- Identify areas that are inefficient, propose and implement standards and automations to reduce complexity, improving the overall framework.
- Liaise with architecture on new ideas and implementations, developing the controls to bring into Production.
- Mentor other engineers on core support and triage approach, improving employee development and improving quality of delivered IT services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand the components and thresholds to monitor and alert in a mixed Azure IaaS and PaaS environment (Linux and Windows)
Hybrid schedule, 2 days working from home and 3 in the office with the team. The company US headquarters is in Stamford, CT a short walk from Metro-North and right off I-95, easily commutable via train or car.
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration! Job ID: 5206
IT Operational – Control & Monitoring Analyst – Long Term Contract – Hybrid
Job ID: 5226
Montvale, New Jersey