Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Our direct client, a fast-growing cyber security technology firm based in New York City, is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. Client’s view regarding their staff: our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don’t insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the code, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
We see it as a prerequisite that candidates possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
What you will do:
- Help architect, develop, and maintain our infrastructure.
- Ensure systems are secure, available, scalable, and monitored.
- Create observability tooling to help other teams debug, understand, and tune their applications and services.
- Assist and mentor other teams with building and managing their infrastructure.
- Evangelize best practices in system and operations management.
- Write tools to automate processes and deployments.
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other.
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the reliability and performance challenges we face.
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making the company and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder.
- Identify opportunities for automation and drive process improvements
What you will bring
- 2 – 5 years experience working in AWS.
- Expertise with Kubernetes and Linux.
- Proficient with a programming language. We predominantly use Python.
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high level design patterns.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies.
- Good understanding of privacy and security.
- An organized work ethic.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right
What else would be great
- Experience with Terraform, Prometheus, and Vault.
- Experience with automating infrastructure using leading cloud providers.
Job ID: 4668