Apply for job
Software Engineer: Hybrid
Our direct client in Lexington, KY is looking for a Software Engineer to be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of strategic business solutions in an Agile software development environment. The primary focus will be on team-oriented application development, but candidates should also enjoy solving complex problems with minimal guidance. They are looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual that will be responsible for building unique and effective business solutions.
The office follows a hybrid working schedule of 3 days in the office (Monday – Wednesday).
- Work closely with the team to research, design, and write business software in an Agile development environment.
- Follow industry best practices, procedures, and concepts as part of the development process.
- Work with Business Users to determine software requirements and system impacts.
- Develop scalable, high availability applications, and data warehousing solutions.
- Support the application infrastructure on which the solutions execute.
- Create and execute unit and functional test cases.
- Write technical documentation in support of applications as needed.
- Responsible for the delivery of applications within budget, schedule, and quality guidelines
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience required. Software Engineer II
- 4+ years of verifiable software development experience required.
- Experience with J2EE, or Java, application development required.
- Experience with Oracle or another RDBMS required.
- Experience with performance analysis and debugging tools required.
- Familiar with Agile Software Development Methodologies (SCRUM) preferred.
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of mastering new tools, languages, and operating systems with training and onthe-job experience
- Motivated to improve service, efficiency, and quality of work on an on-going basis.
- Must be at a commutable distance (within 50 miles) to the Lexington, KY office.
Job ID: 5188