Software Engineering Manager - Boston
Software Engineer Manager:
Our direct client, a fast-growing healthcare technology firm, is seeking a Software Engineering Manager. In this role, you are responsible for managing the development of software products within the firm. This position works with business leaders to capture requirements, prototype solutions, assess defects, and troubleshoot issues. Helps evaluate, staff, and supervise team members on several offshore teams in addition to day-to-day management responsibilities. Leadership position within the Software Development department reporting directly to the SVP of Engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide engineering consultation in regular internal operations and business meetings with subject matter experts, third-party vendors, customers, and product/project management to derive technical requirements and drive design decisions.
- Communicate corporate and product-specific goals and initiatives to the offshore team.
- Participate in the review and revision of internal product specifications, technical documentation, and release notes.
- Convert complex requirements into high-level prototypes to assist in the direction of the offshore team. Assist in the resolution of engineering roadblocks encountered during product specification or offshore feature development.
- Ensure teams effectively set and meet goals and deadlines weekly following corporate product development processes.
- Review key performance indicators for ongoing weekly development and product releases to meet corporate standards and goals.
- Assist in the performance evaluation of offshore resources. Contribute to staffing decisions, including hiring, firing, US visitation, promotion, and resource restructuring.
- Meet with offshore teams regularly to review progress and discuss challenges.
- Provide management with regular updates on team performance, client issues, and other challenges facing development. Identify solutions to improve current processes and suggest changes as needed.
- Provide daily updates to US-based account, operations, and engineering teams on critical issues on the morning stand-up.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree
- 2+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with offshore development teams
- J2EE development background
- Experience on the AWS platform
- Distributed Computing with Hadoop and ElasticSearch a plus
Job ID: 4796