Deployment Project Manager
For our direct client in Northern New Jersey, we seek an experienced IT Deployment Project Manager, to work in a large custom software development group.
The Deployment Project Manager is responsible for scheduling deployments relating to software specific to a critical application that the client uses globally. This resource will coordinate efforts amidst the Development, Engineering, Application Support and Production Support teams (where applicable), such that software deployment can occur in accordance with scheduling provided by the Project Managers. The Deployment Project Manager may perform one or more of the following project activities:
-Interface with various release stakeholders to review release plans generated by PMs, coordinate with required IT resources to align release processes, owned by these stakeholders, with the provided release plan.
-Identify relevant IT stakeholders required during each phase of a given release & document proposed scheduling relating to final approved release schedules.
-Ensure that change management processes are adhered to as required throughout the release process.
-Consult with client PMs to verify environments are ready to accept the release and that provided schedules remain up to date and accurate.
-Provide release awareness both pre- and post deployment via targeted or bulk communications to ensure that all release related resources and effected parties are aware of forthcoming, active and completed release activities.
-Compile release notes (including CR's, discovered defects, resulting unplanned fixes/changes, documentation links, test results, etc.) and ensure that captured documentation is provided to the appropriate party post release for review/action.
-Coordinate release and deployment processes days, nights and weekends, in coordination with and taking guidance from PMs.
Additional Duties and Skills:
The Deployment Project Manager assists in arranging the following activities, executed by multiple IT teams:
– Ensure change approvals are in place prior to including scheduled changes within a final release plan.
– Ensure that releases follow the approved deployment process, successfully clearing QA then Staging environments prior to being slated for release in Production.
– Ensure that the status of release related change tickets align with the current state of the release.
– Track hardware installation and/or upgrade status where related to forthcoming software releases bearing platform change and/or upgrade dependencies.
– Ensure that release teams and external suppliers (contractors, vendors, etc.) adhere to the organization's established policies and procedures regarding Release Management.
– Analyze documented post release results, incorporate lessons learned in future related release plans.
Experience with custom software environments, including Project Management and a high level of detail, ability to handle a high workload, changes in priorities and communicating stakeholders at senior levels. Ability to work off-hours and weekends is often required during releases.
This position will start off remote but will eventually require some onsite work in the Montvale, NJ office when the offices re-open this Fall, so we are looking for someone who's comfortable working remotely and has excellent communication skills, but who can also easily commute to onsite as/when needed.
Experience with teams doing software deployment, documentation, QA, Application Support, scheduling, change management and hardware/engineering groups is all preferable.
Job ID: 4519