Software QA/Test Engineer
Software QA/Test Engineer
Our direct client is a fast-growing cybersecurity solutions company, holding a firm leadership position in network security and secure information transfer. It is a privately-owned US company with offices in MD and CT.
They have an exciting contract** opportunity for a Test Engineer who is a creative thinker with an intensely curious mind to explore features and find bugs. This individual will be testing and evaluating technology systems that utilize hardware and software for mission critical cybersecurity systems. The primary responsibility of Test Engineers is to find bugs, test features, and report these activities (e.g., document test steps, test results, etc.) With drive and interest, this job can shape and hone your experience so that you can become a test professional who can expertly analyze systems, lead test evaluation procedures, develop effective test automation solutions, and so forth. Essentially a great test engineer can help make a difference in the quality of the product delivered which can impact the security of mission critical software.
Your skills will support the development of products as well as government test and evaluation documentation, e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. You will be performing much of the testing work independently while joining a tightknit team that works to support each other and to deliver the highest quality product possible.
The ability to quickly assess any given situations while maintaining a high attention to detail is a must. A successful candidate is independent, organized, resourceful, energetic, fast learner, and open to new ideas / experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use and assess software and hardware features
- Understand environments and priorities for evaluation of systems
- Create test data and setup test environments per instructions
- Execute Testing and Data Collection
- Produce associated documentations for Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
- Identify opportunities for tools and automation, implement solutions that save time and increase quality.
- Investigate product issues as directed, drive them to resolution, and document relevant details for future reference. (for both internally discovered and customer reported issues)
- Review technical publications for accuracy and completeness.
- BS degree in Computer Science or other comparable technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Software Test Engineering
- Candidates without a four-year degree may qualify with additional work experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge and use of Linux systems including setup and configuration
- Use of either Command Line or GUI with Linux (RHEL)
- Exposure to using and evaluating technology systems that utilize hardware and software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office for documentation
- Software or Systems Testing experience
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures
- Expert debugging and problem-solving skills
- Desire to play with things and not be afraid to break them, be creative, work with developers, help the team, and be flexible.
- Have fun in the midst of chaos and hard work.
- Believe in producing quality products and speak up if you see an issue.
Desired Skills include:
- Developing or using automated software testing tools on Linux OS
- Developing test tools in C, C++ or Java and scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of Information Assurance and/or Cybersecurity
- Experience with Linux logs, ftp, permissions, command line
- Experience with Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Linux Security
** This is a contract job with potential to move into a direct-hire position in 2021. At this moment, the position will allow for remote work due to COVID-19 concerns. Eventually, work will be performed from our offices in MD or CT and some work-from-home flexibility will be considered.
For immediate consideration, please apply today with your updated resume.
Job ID: 4545