Software Release Documentation Coordinator
We seek an experienced professional to serve as a Software Release Documentation Coordinator. This is a long-term contract with potential contract-to-hire, with our direct client, a global firm and leader in their field. Top 100 places to work!
The position will start 100% remote, but we seek someone who can drive to the northern NJ location approx. 1 day per week if needed once the offices open up in the Fall.
In this role, you will work as a key member of the team making sure that all software documentation pertaining to a new software release is properly uploaded and displaying in the company's system.
To do this, you will work with various groups including IT analysts and deployment teams to collect the documents, and then use SharePoint to upload and display them. For example:
– End user guidance
– Product release materials
– Installation and related technical specifications
– Validation and testing materials
– Operations and support guidance
Documents may be in multiple formats: Written (multiple formats and structures), Contextual (embedded and delivered within technology products), or Video.
You will take full accountability for the document management and publishing process for product release materials (documentation and information) associated with software product releases. The position involves interactions with many stakeholders as part of the release process execution and includes supporting senior leaders in the process of creating critical documentation such as release notes.
Specific job duties include accountability for:
– Developing and maintaining good subject matter understanding of the products
– On assigned materials, engaging with documentation owners and guidance professionals to support the implementation of the design/structure
– Day-to-day responsibility for maintaining tracking list of materials being created for a given release (for major releases 300+ artefacts are created), including alerting the release management lead to risks and issues
– Coordination and compilation of practical creating of large documents (e.g. release notes) with 10+ authors and assembly of final materials from multiple source documents
– Practical document management tasks including:
• Establishing appropriate structures in the SharePoint based document management repositories
• Creating and maintaining catalogue of document hyperlinks to enable relevant cross referencing
• Formatting and compliance checks prior to finalizing of materials
• Posting and publishing final materials in document repository
• Provisioning and establishing new pages as required
• Day-to-day maintenance and update to pages as documentation is established
• Practical preparation of pages in advance of product releases in collaboration with release management lead and product owners
– Communicating progress/status reporting to group leadership
The ideal candidate has:
– 5+ years minimum relevant previous work experience
– Experience with product release management, focused on technology product documentation / content management experience
– Mastery of Microsoft Office product suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) and project management tools
– Mastery of Adobe Acrobat, including advanced document compilation and management
– High level of competency working with Microsoft SharePoint document management system and Microsoft Teams collaboration
– Knowledge of software development and software development lifecycle concepts and terminology
– Knowledge of project management lifecycle concepts and terminology
– Proven ability to work with large volumes of data with accuracy and attention to detail
– Acceptance of accountability and responsibility
This is an immediate interview and hire position, reply with your updated resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 4696