Sr. Application Operations Lead
Sr. Application Operations Lead – Long-term contract – (12-24+ months)
For our direct client we seen an experienced technical professional to serve in a key role as Sr. Application Operations Lead, This is a long-term contract position, critical in ongoing operations of an application used by 10,000 users in countries around the globe.
- The Operations Lead (OL) is responsible for the operations of numerous Windows environments that are used for development, testing, and application support of the a widely-used global Windows application suite hosted in Azure. The technical responsibility of this team is from the OS (Op up through the base application layer, i.e. Windows OS, IIS, SQL Server. There are over 40 different environments to manage, all in Azure.
- The OL's team has responsibility to maintain the environments, including traditional IT, change control, smoke testing and validations, and maintaining administrative access to the platform. There is constant application development and change to the platform.
- The team consists of onshore and offshore members, the OL's role is to manage this team and drive continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Development Team and particularly the Program/Project Managers to be aware of new development and fixes, and how that will affect the various environments.
- Conduct a daily standup with the team and associated members of the team from other departments.
- Attend multiple team calls i.e.
- Problem management calls
- Change management calls
- Program Manager's project-related calls
- Drive major incident resolution and follow-up, determining the root cause and taking action to avoid these issues from recurring.
- Experience with globally-deployed applications with 10,000+ users
- Solid knowledge off and experience with custom-built applications using Microsoft tech stack, built and deployed and supported in Azure
- Experienced in ITIL pillars, i.e. Operational Support, Planning, Release/control/validation, Service Agreements
- Should have a wide infrastructure background, i.e. Windows/Windows application stack, experience with data centers, servers, and application support
- Experience with monitoring tools, networking tools, Azure, ADO, AWS, VMware
- Highly experienced in:
- team leadership
- working in team situations, involving critical situations
- asking the right questions
- holding people and vendors accountable
- Influencing members of other teams not in a direct reporting line.
- Capable of managing a high daily workload
- Knowledge/experience with SOC 2 audits and compliance is a plus
Certifications: Any of the following are helpful: MCSD, Azure Solutions Architect, PMP, ITIL, SQL Certification, or CSM (Certified ScrumMaster)
Job ID: 4815