Sr. Application Specialist (100% Remote)
Sr. Application Specialist:
Our direct client, a fast-growing healthcare technology firm is seeking to bring on a Sr. Application Specialist. This role is available for 100% remote work. In this role, you will operate as a Subject Matter Export (SME), deep technical and practical experience in healthcare claims processing and adjunct processes. Proven ability to work directly with clients and resolve their most complex issues involving our products and their specific installation and nuanced operational configurations.
Additionally, responsible for the engineering aspects of all Use Cases that support claims processing and adjunct logic. Software architecture and application design, development, data driven unit and integration testing, skilled triaging of issues, code merging / branching and effective build management are key techniques that require significant years of extensive experience. This role will help drive the success of the delivery teams working closely with product management, client success, sales, support and implementation teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as liaison between Product Management and Development.
- Collaborate with the US based, and Off-Shore based delivery teams on specific software direction
- Determine business requirements by studying client business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions and requirements hand-off/review sessions with business stakeholders and technical team.
- Write and maintain functional specifications for new or modified business systems in accordance with Product Strategy and Roadmap priorities which provide sound use cases, scenarios, processing logic and expected outcomes and promote requirement clarity for all stakeholders.
- Create high-level design, user stories and/or uses cases.
- Consult and coordinate with systems analysts and programmers to design and develop approved solutions.
- Create direct channels of communication to software and application developers that get the job done without managerial interjection.
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models.
- Demonstrate functional capabilities for internal and client-facing audiences.
- Work with project and development management to define detailed product roadmap work breakdown and effort estimates.
- Develop As-Is and To-Be process flows.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, MIS or computer science, or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience troubleshooting .NET applications
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SQL experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail oriented, analytical, and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver high value presentations on relevant subject matter
- Understands the Lean Product Development approach and Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (assuming no COVID restrictions)
- Experience working in a client facing role
- EZ-SUITE application experience would be a big plus
- Background in the health care payer industry would be a big plus
- This role will be 100% remote unless you are commutable to one of their office locations (Houston, TX or Greenwich, CT)
- Company offers unlimited PTO
- Competitive compensation package
Job ID: 4753