Sr. Business Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst:
Our direct client, a fast-growing software and data analytics firm in Houston is seeking to bring on a Sr. Business Analyst. In this role, you will assist in its rapid growth by designing, documenting and managing the development of applications. This position is hands on and will require the applicant to “roll up their sleeves” and lead the analysis, implementation, and testing of key solutions through all phases of the development lifecycle. This position is accountable for leading process and application development and project implementation efforts. Individuals in this role shall apply design and project management skills across a range of business areas. The Management team will look to this person to set project direction, provide detailed business requirements, and guidance through the design and project implementation decisions. Project durations will vary from several weeks to several months.
• Serving as a business team leader within the IT organization and process expert to ensure the successful design, documentation and implementation of new functionality/process designs.
• Lead the design and implementation team through planning and design efforts that include process, technology and metrics components. Synchronize activities across multiple efforts or releases to include:
• Diagnosis and documentation of current state processes, technology and results
• Development of detailed business requirements through a variety of means including interviews and focus groups; best practices; industry knowledge
• Performance measurement design
• System requirements analysis and related deliverables
• Special task/projects as required.
• 4+ years analysis in the healthcare and/or financial services space
• 2+ years of experience in project-based delivery work as a business analyst
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Certification in SDLC
• Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
• Competent in analysis for Microsoft based custom development projects
• Familiar with Microsoft technologies such as .Net, ASP, and any other related web based solution sets
• Plus: Competent in any RUP based analysis solutions (eg. Rational Rose)
• 2+ years of experience in healthcare EDI transactions (837P/837I, 835, 276/277, 270/271)
• Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Ability to speak professionally with others to convey information effectively.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Job ID: 4378