Sr. Business Analyst
Our direct client, dynamic growing financial services in Stamford is looking for a strong business analyst with financial industry experience. This position is for BA in an application development group. You are responsible for leading the requirements, design, development, implementation and support of software applications to support business initiatives.
- Engage with the business in requirement discussions to ensure our solutions address business needs
- Work with key stakeholders from both business and IT to support As Is and To Be business process engineering
- Translation of business processes and needs into specifications and creating appropriate system documentation
- Work closely with developers to ensure successful transformation of business requirements into technical design / solution
- Consult across teams to receive input into operational delivery, planning and cross project alignment
- Work across internal teams to ensure a consistent and complete requirements definition is completed prior to work beginning.
- Define new software and/or document requirements by analyzing client, regulatory or internal requirements; constructing workflow diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Recommend improvements or products by writing analysis documents utilizing comparative analysis, revenue forecasting and SWOT analysis.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; training client end users on software functionality.
- Proven experience in gathering user and functional requirements analysis and the technical skills to translate into functional design
- Ability to author lifecycle documentation (e.g. User Requirements Specification, Functional Specifications)
- Experience with software development methodologies
- Excellent presentation, meeting facilitation and communications skills
- Highly desired: background in data analysis with an understanding of information flow methods (CRUD) and master data management principles including data standards and master data governance
- Ability to read and understand and analyze industry trends along with build-buy-partner approach to validate business cases.
Job ID: 4379