Sr. Data Analyst
Sr. Data Analyst:
Our direct client, a fast-growing software and healthcare data analytics firm in Houston is seeking to bring on a Sr. Data Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for compiling and analyzing healthcare data for the firm’s current and new market solutions. The ideal candidate will ensure accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis for the applicable markets and clients. You should be able to identify both problems and solutions across multiple large data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for the firm. You will work closely with leaders across product, sales, marketing, operations and IT to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. You will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from the firm and other data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analytics to solving real world problems faced by the Company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units. In summary, the ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analytics as well as experience in the healthcare industry, with a keen attention to detail and ability to communicate insights from the such detail.
• Lead and manage cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
• Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
• Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
• Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
• Train and develop analyst-level employees.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data and deliverables.
• Manage and optimize processes for extraction, transformation and loading of data intake.
• Validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication of deliverables.
• Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, advisory, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
• Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
• Assist in developing and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
• Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
• Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
• Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• 3+ years in analytics/informatics/statistics and report development experience (healthcare environment a plus).
• 3+ years’ experience with analytics in data warehouse environment.
• Working knowledge of SQL and SSRS for report writing and data management.
• Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding is a plus.
• Proficient with advanced data visualization tools, such as Tableau.
• Proficient with advanced data ETL tools, such as Alteryx.
• Proficient in Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Knowledge of healthcare financial business cycle, healthcare quality reporting and analysis, benchmarking, predictive modeling and risk stratification.
Job ID: 4377