Sr. DevOps Engineer
Our direct client is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer, for immediate hire!.
As part of their recent GROWTH, they have added a major hi-tech firm as a client and partner and are looking at expanding the existing team to work on an exciting joint roadmap. You will have the chance to work with hi-tech firm engineers directly on state of the art technologies and deliver innovative software products to the best companies in the US and internationally.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring optimal build, deployment, migration, operation and performance of their internal products AND you have the opportunity to join members of the IT team working remotely throughout the UK & US. You should be able to safely join meetings at partner/client in Northern Westchester County, NY (COVID permitting) .
In the first phase, you will be part of the team undertaking the migration of key products from GCP and AWS to IBM cloud. Then in a second phase you will evolve, scale and support growing numbers of deployments, integrations and extensions to the core products.
You would have experience with large distributed systems and ideally, you would have migrated workloads between clouds.
You also would have experience with agile methodologies, continuous delivery, enterprise software as well as experience with industry standard configuration deployment and workflow tools.
- Deployment of existing products on GCP and AWS
- Extend cloud build deployment pipelines to support multiple clouds
- Automate and enhance the deployment of new customer environments
- Implementation of monitoring for cloud services to maximize uptime and performance
- Setup alerting and configuring dashboards to help monitor the health and performance of the infrastructure. Ensure high uptime and adherence to SLA.
- Follow development process in order to effectively communicate your progress
- Participate in the design of new systems and functionality across backend systems to meet the needs of user stories produced from other business areas
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong cloud skills with an emphasis on Kubernetes, Openshift and Serverless
- AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, Networking) and/or GCP
- Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience using modern DevOps toolchains
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code, terraform ideally
- Strong experience with infrastructure scripting languages (e.g. python, bash, ruby, etc.)
- A strong desire to learn and explore new technologies and the opportunities they present
- Experience working with distributed systems and good understanding of system design
- Security design and implementation, SIEM, compliance with SOC2
- Programming experience as Developer
- Experience with Serverless (Google Cloud Functions, Knative, AWS Lambda, etc.)
- Good knowledge of databases and NoSQL data stores (Google Datastore, Hazelcast, Redis, Cassandra)
- Elastic search a strong plus
- Experience with agile product development
- Experience developing enterprise software
- Security risk and threat management
If you are qualified and interested, please apply today for immediate consideration! Job ID: 4618