Sr. DevOps Engineer
For our direct client in Northern NJ, we seek an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer to join the team for a long-term (12-24 month) contract.
This is an immediate hire position, candidates can work remotely initially but should be able to be commutable to Northern NJ for 2-3 days a week starting in September 2021.
Client has a cutting-edge DevOps environment, mostly built with Microsoft technologies including Azure, ADO, etc. Global company, in this role you will work with team members here in the US and abroad.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in Release Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Responsible for Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, security improvements, Projects and Programs.
- Responsible for providing tool awareness and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Responsible for Implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments
- Work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and be supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- Responsible for Liaising with project leads/managers/ScrumMasters, quality assurance, operations groups and other key stakeholders on the release and delivery progress, issues and improvements.
- Responsible for producing deployment run books and Implementation Plans Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Responsible for developing and delivering scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Responsible for all documentation including content for the department website on CI/CD (DevOps)
- Ensure solutions are built based on company standards and that they can be deployed with the company's environment (whether in a global or local environment)
• 5+ years experience with CI/CD, DevOps experience with good understanding of Software configuration Management
• Good hands on exp in Azure DevOps (VSTS), Azure cloud platform, C#.Net, PowerShell, Artifactory, Chef or any equivalents
• Well versed with Azure offerings with work experience on the same like Web apps, ASE, ASP, function apps, SQL PaaS, Storage accounts
• In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (IIS, .NET, Web Services, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server, Clustering, Active Directory etc..)
Job ID: 4773