Sr. Infrastructure Manager
Our direct client seeks a Senior Manager who will be responsible for leading Information Technology Infrastructure resources and firm-wide projects that are highly strategic and transformational in nature. This position reports to Firm’s Chief Information Officer and is responsible for leading 2 to 3 Managers and a team of 10 to 20 staff resources plus contractors and vendor project teams working within the Data Center, Servers, Storage, Messaging, Network, and Telecom. This leadership role will partner with and assist in managing the Cyber Security Manager and Cyber team as well. This position is a key contributor to current and future strategic technology direction for this growing firm.
A primary focus for this senior management position will be to provide leadership for technology platform transformation and to deliver the full project lifecycle for new technology solutions for the above teams, inclusive of building a strategic roadmap for the short, medium and long term for each platform. In addition, this role will be responsible for the operational excellence of the Infrastructure teams, including implementing ITIL procedures and a focus on Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Management, and standards/best practices for the technology organization. This resource must be a strong leader of projects, internal resources and external vendors/service providers, and exhibit the ability to perform on a strategic and transformational level with other Leaders at the Firm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide project leadership for large strategic firm-wide initiatives, inclusive of technology selection, timeline, cost, resourcing, system engineering, RFP/SOW creation, vendor selection/management, solution delivery, and implementation.
- Provide 3rd party Statement of Work, contract review/negotiation and expert management of vendor resources.
- Own the project lifecycle and be responsible for managing technical and operational risks and issues.
- Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals.
- Oversee 2nd and 3rd level Infrastructure operations support for the firm on a 24×7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to disruptions, outages and incidents.
- Implement ITIL procedures and a focus on Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Management, and standards/best practices for the technology organization.
- Assist with implementing cyber security best practices and leading cyber incident response/management
- Work with peer IT Department Managers to establish the departmental vision, strategic road map for technical platforms, and leads all aspects of the department’s technology services.
- Provide financial budgeting for projects and resources for both initial capital investment and annual operating costs
- Provide organizational and cultural change leadership and change management.
- Build a culture of pro-activity, business cooperation, continuous improvement, and exceptional service delivery.
- Conducts research and feasibility studies on leading edge technologies and provides cost/benefit analysis for their implementation.
- Minimum 5 years’ directly managing multiple Infrastructure Managers, and indirectly managing a team of at least 10 staff reporting to those managers
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading an IT Infrastructure department and strategic IT Infrastructure projects, inclusive of Data Center, Servers, Storage, Messaging, Network, and Telecom
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on technical experience building and supporting many of the following services and technologies:
- WAN/LAN networks (Cisco)
- Storage/SAN (HP 3PAR, etc.)
- Physical servers (Dell/Windows)
- Virtual servers (ESX/VMWare)
- Remote connectivity (Citrix/Xen)
- Data centers (private, cloud and hybrid)
- Email (MS Exchange)
- Telephony (Cisco VoIP)
- Cyber security
- Active Directory
- Monitoring (MS SCCM, Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, CIM, Open Manage)
- Disaster recovery
- Extensive experience leading infrastructure delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Expertise with vendor management, negotiation and oversight of vendor resources
- Experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process, and business change management.
- Strong customer relationship and customer service skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Stable work history with at least 2 years average duration per employer, few breaks in employment, and with progressively increasing career responsibility.
- Hands-on leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, exceptionally detail oriented, and driven to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Job ID: 4513