Sr. Java Developer - Long-term Contract- REMOTE
Our direct client seeks an experienced Java/J2EE developer for a long-term project, 6-24 months, This position can be done remotely, on East-Coast US hours. Prefer candidates located in Eastern or Central Time Zone. Interview via video, then hire – this is an immediate position. Very well-established company with global reach, positive culture, great people to work with.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the development, implementation, delivery and maintenance of complex production systems; this includes systems architecture, analysis, design and coding and the creation of design documents. This position elicits requirements from users and departmental leaders and converts them into functional and/or design specifications. Adheres to standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Partners with internal customers to understand application requirements such as features, accuracy, software tools, testability, etc. Plans and coordinates the testing and implementation of new applications and application changes with the business teams.
- Responsible for completing all phases of the system development life cycle and all architectural layers (User Interface, Web Services, Business Logic, Data Services, etc.) of web based applications.
- Researches and implements methods and technologies for improving software and platform performance and quality. Provides ongoing business support to existing applications – repairs issues and enhances software modules in existing programs
- Assists with the administration of the technical environment and participates in the establishment of standards and development practices and procedures.
- Provides for integration requirements by working with other team members and ensuring systems work together without issue.
- Maintains contemporary knowledge in the Java Application server, and Single sign-on technology space.
- Assists the Application Development Director with Java, Application server, and Single sign-on technology space architecture research and upgrades, leveraging best practices.
- Works with the DBA to translate application requirements into database design.
- Works with the QA team to ensure complete testing procedures
- Provides off hours production support for upgrades or support issues as needed.
- Salesforce Lightning, Visualforce and Apex knowledge is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience with relevant methods and technologies is required.
- Hands-on expertise, may lead or direct the work of others on various projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Job ID: 4935