Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Services - Remote
Our rapidly growing client is seeking passionate people that want to help define the future of online conversations! To that end, they have an immediate need for 2 Senior Software Engineers in their Cloud Services department.
In this role, you will take significant ownership in designing and building the cloud services that power their products. The role will involve end-to-end development, from helping formulate requirements to full production implementation. You will be collaborating with a small team of seasoned engineers in a constantly evolving and fast-moving startup environment.
The tech stack you will work with includes Go, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, PostgreSQL and Kafka.
- Architect simple yet flexible solutions and scale them as we grow
- Design, develop and release new features and capabilities
- Participate in major projects from inception to development, shipping at a rapid pace
- Take ownership of tasks and drive them to completion
- Participate in the evolution of our engineering practices
- Identify, suggest and collaborate on overall system improvements to support our expected growth
- Provide support for existing systems
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with product and engineering teams to release services that operate at high scale
- Passion for building APIs and services to power Holler SDKs and web applications
- Advanced programming skills in Go (strongly preferred) or similar languages
- 5+ years of experience delivering production-grade backend systems
- 5+ years of experience working with database systems – RDBMS and NoSQL Databases; experience writing both DDL and DML
- Strong understanding of, software, data structures, algorithms, and cloud-based architectures
- Passion for high performance services that are highly available
- Critical thinking and design skills with a focus on solutions, knowledge, and vision sharing
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information
- Deep experience writing testable code
- Desire to write high quality, testable code and documentation
While the following are NOT required, it’s a nice bonus to have:
- Experience with distributed, microservice-based systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kafka
- Python programming experience
- Experience with modern observability and DevOps practices
This position is fully Remote!
For immediate consideration, please reply today with your updated resume!
Job ID: 4734