Sr. Web Developer/Architect
Sr. Web Developer/Architect:
Our direct client, a fast-growing software and data analytics firm in Greenwich, is seeking to bring on a Sr. Developer/Architect. This is a key role and essential for ensuring a successful design and delivery of software products/applications.
The Sr Developer/Architect sees the “big picture” and has experience working with architectural approaches for software design and implementation. He/She provides a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions. This role requires hands on coding/development as primary responsibility with application architecture experience. He/she works closely with systems analysts, software developers, members of Infrastructure and Production Support teams to ensure successful design, delivery and implementation of application software. He /She also ensures a seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity. He/She works closely with Enterprise Architects where applicable to present new architectural ideas and approaches.
Senior Software Developer/Architect’s responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with Software Developers to determine functional and non-functional requirements for building new software or applications and/or modify existing applications
- Oversee the Design Process for Application Software
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all functional and non-functional requirements (such as performance tuning and scaling)
Senior Software Developer/Architect Skills:
- Architect possesses the following skills:
- Strong analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Very detail-oriented team players who can consistently provide valuable suggestions and solutions in areas of software development, use and maintenance.
- Effective mentoring skills in areas of application software design, development, testing and implementation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Architecture/Tech Strategy – 25%
- Hands on developer: 70%
- Tech Leadership: 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent is required
- 8+ years C#.Net applications using VS 2005/2008/2013/2015/2017 and SQL Server 2014/2016
- System Design experience, especially designing systems from the scratch (must have experience to represent Architecture/Design using Visio or any other Drawing tools)
- Experience working with high-performance, highly-scalable systems
Nice To have:
- Experience with HTML5 and modern java script frameworks (such as react, angular)
- Experience with JSON
- Understanding of transport protocols including SOAP, MSMQ, FTP, SMTP and HTTP
- Experience with developing ASMX Web Services and consuming web services
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices Architecture
- Experience with Test driven development, Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
- Experience with RESTFul webservices
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Dynamic CRM
- Experience working with cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
Job ID: 4305