Tech Lead - NodeJS
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm, is looking for a senior software engineer to lead the NodeJS practice in the U.S. In this role, you will oversee the development of key parts of the firm’s platform while building out this practice area in Greenwich, CT, and NYC offices. You will coordinate work, mentor staff, guide technology decisions, and contribute as a hands-on member of the software development team while hiring new developers to work on various projects. You will work closely with the Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via manual test efforts.
What's in it for you
- Join a rapidly growing Fintech company
- An comprehensive medical benefits plan
- Very competitive salary plus a great Incentive compensation program – cash bonus plus equity.
- Grow your leadership experience while staying hands on !
- Full stack software engineering using a mix of NodeJS and React.
- Ensure best practices (thorough code reviews, sufficient test coverage, accepted design patterns, etc.) are followed by your team(s).
- Act as key contributor on software architecture decisions and direction.
- Make yourself available to developers and business stakeholders for consultation and assistance with problem solving, as needed.
- Actively participate in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process.
- Work with various business units to understand needs, resolve issues, and maintain open lines of communication.
- Keep a forward-looking eye on the technology landscape, helping to shape overall technology strategy for the firm.
- 10+ years of Full Stack, web-based application development
- 5+ years of development experience with NodeJS
- 2+ years of development experience with React or another modern front-end framework
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary technology groups
- Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
- Any experience with Python is a plus
- Any experience with Financial Services systems, specifically portfolio risk modelling is a plus
Job ID: 4724