Technical Systems Analyst - Network Technology
Our direct client, based in Poughkeepsie, NY is seeking a Technical Systems Analyst for a contract role with potential to convert to full-time.
In this role, you will be part of the Operational Technology team which provides technical and application support for Industrial Control Systems and supporting technology used to communicate with and secure these systems. Industrial Control Systems are used to monitor, control and optimize the Gas and Electric Transmission and Distribution systems.
Design and support of internal communication networks are also managed by the Network team.
What does a Network Technology – OT Technical Systems Analyst do?
- Responsible activities include configuration, testing, analysis and support of the infrastructure for key Operational Technology Systems including but not limited to:
- Network hardware such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Telecommunications support for T1 Serial Connectivity
- VM support for the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- OS level patching and cyber security hardening for Windows and Linux servers
- Remote interactive access security and controls
- Situational awareness video wall solutions
- End-user workstation support
- Critical and support servers
- Tasks also include implementation of policies and procedures in asset tracking, information protection, change management, security monitoring, and controls and recovery to support compliance with internal cyber security standards and NERC CIP.
What does it take to be a Network Technology – OT Technical Systems Analyst?
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related STEM field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree in the aforementioned fields and at least 5 years of experience in Information/Operational Technology (e.g. network administration, system administration, technical support, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and Linux server support (including Active Directory and SQL Server) and network device management including firewalls
- Strong skills in any layer-2 and layer-3 networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, VPLS, BGP and VLANS)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with internal customers in an interactive team environment
- Ability to multitask, pay close attention to detail, and adapt to a variety of support environments and assignments
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work off-hours and weekends when required and be available 24/7 for scheduled callout support
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience with system integration, including development of strategies and implementation of best practices
- Technical understanding and/or working knowledge of supporting large application systems
- Prior gas and/or electric utility experience
Some onsite work is required. Must be commutable.to Poughkeepsie, NY. For immediate consideration, please apply with your update resume today!
Job ID: 4787